1.    #1  
    Sprint users have put up with all the network disconnects for a month or two before Verizon users experienced it. Why is has only the Verizon MR been removed? Does Palm think it is only Verizon users that have the problem?
    Matty
    Fantastic question.

I did a one on one gripe sessions with Palm Inc directly via their "Customer relations Dept". I cited the complaint as a verizon user but also did a hybrid complaint on behalf of ALL 700P users (sprint and VZW) alike. I honestly don't know what to tell you on that. Maybe VZW has put their foot down harder than sprint. I'm sure everyone is super curious as to why. Even I am.
  3.    #3  
    I worry about the Sprint users that don't read these forums. They may install the MR, not knowing how bad it will f up their phone. What Palm is thinking is beyond me. They should have taken both versions down, weeks ago.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    That's ridiculous. People from all networks read these forums. For the record, I have Sprint, did the recent 700p upgrade, and had no problems at all.
  5. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Maybe Sprint doesn't care as much because they have the 755p, so problems with the 700 are not as pressing? Just a thought? Unless the 755 has the same problems.

But Verizon has a bigger problem because they're still actively selling these craptacular phones.
    Strangely enough, performance on my 700p improved in almost every direction.. (Sprint)

I am very grateful to have this update.
    (I love 8gb class 6 sdhc)
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
    The question is, if the verizon update is pulled how come the sprint is not also?

Maybe the sprint update does not have these issues. The code for the two phones are not identical, due to hardware differences etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I worry about the Sprint users that don't read these forums. They may install the MR, not knowing how bad it will f up their phone. What Palm is thinking is beyond me. They should have taken both versions down, weeks ago.

You can't say that every person that updates their 700 will experience problems or how you put it f up their phone. Ive done it for many of my friends and it hasn't hurt a singe one of them. They are loving how much the update helped. Only a few out of the whole had major problems with the MR.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I've had no problems with the Sprint MR and I did mine on the first round. The phone is working better than it ever has, so I'm happy with the MR...
    Sprint users have put up with all the network disconnects for a month or two before Verizon users experienced it. Why is has only the Verizon MR been removed? Does Palm think it is only Verizon users that have the problem?
    The verizon one was causing the data connection to become fickle. I speculate the reason why these MR suck is because all the software engineers are with ACCESS and Palm is trying to rig up a quickfix solution until they can get ALL their Palm OS phones onto the new linux platform. I think ACCESS isn't coorperating
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    The Sprint update was pulled not long after its release. It was reposted after awhile. VZ's update was posted after the Sprint update so now they are just finding the bugs in it.
  12.    #12  
    I had to exchange my 700p, for a 755p, due to the network dropping constantly. We Sprint users had this issue 2 months before Verizon got it. I was wondering why the one for VZW would be pulled, and not the Sprint one, which had the same issues. Check out the first part of http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144655 This was us Sprint users in the first half of this thread.
    Matty
    Yes indeed, the Sprint update does in fact increase network connectivity
    errors.

Since the update I generally get a connect failure the first time I try to
    connect - then a connect success on the next (manual) attempt.

Not a deal breaker - just a (another?) time waster.

To recap:

It's not signal strength - the towers - sunspots - evil omens - loaded
    application software - or gas from a bad batch of beans.

It's the Sprint Treo 700p itself.

And since the relative occurence of these errors increased at least ten-fold
    since the MR, evidence points to the MR as causation.

Jim
    I've got no issues after updating mine (Sprint).
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc View Post
    I've got no issues after updating mine (Sprint).
    And that is the problem.

Some people have bricked phones, some say they have no problems, others have
    somewhere in the middle - although I guarantee you that you DO have a
    problem - you just haven't noticed it - that when you fully silence your Treo
    and a Text comes in, it still BEEPS after the MR.
    I agree with you re: Sprint -- ever since applying the update, my connectivity has been horrible. I often have to try to connect to Vision multiple times, and when I am connected, without fail it will quickly degrade to 1xRTT (i.e., from blue triangles to green arrows) before failing altogether. And I've also noticed the odd beeps that pop up from time to time even with the phone silenced. I hope Palm issues a fix for us Sprint users as well.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lndshrk View Post
    although I guarantee you that you DO have a
    problem - you just haven't noticed it - that when you fully silence your Treo
    and a Text comes in, it still BEEPS after the MR.
    You would be wrong then, at least in my case. All I get is the one buzz since I have my phone set to vibrate.