1.    #1  
    Using Ringo, I've added some mp3 ringtones and assigned them to specific people in my Contacts. When one of them call, the ringtone "stutters" at first, then will play normally.

Is this simply because the ringtones are on the SD Card?

Any way to correct the problem?
    Old cards were terrible about access time and stutters; the newer ones from good companies do not have that problem on the newer devices. The stutters though are related to available resources and that is where to look at. Also, some ring tone managers handle this problem better than others.

Regardless, are you using an application that similar to VolumeCare? I was and experienced a stutter problem. Jeff then incorporated the basic function of VolumeCare into RingCare and after disabling VolumeCare, the stutter went away.

I also suggest contacting the Ringo developer and telling him about the problem.

Ben
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response. Yes, I'm using VolumeCare. I'll try disabling it and see if that helps.
    FWIW, I had the same stutter problem with Ringo on my 700p. Haven't installed any ringtone managers on my 755 yet, as I've DLed a couple that work with the default app.