Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Other then the 3000 data error, I remember some other issues:

1. Screen distortion

2. DTMF sound on mute

Any others?

Have they been resolved?
    Not by Palm. They just pulled the MR. Thank god I never installed it...
    Mine seems to reboot when making calls once in a while, but I think I'm alone with this one.
    It reboots only when you are using bluetooth. You are NOT alone.
    2 things I have found.

1. It no longer tells me what network I am on. It used to say Verizon Wireless in the blue bar across the top of the phone screen. Now there is just a blank space.

2. It used to give me on-screen information when a 2nd call came in. Now it works like an old landline with call-waiting. The screen shows nothing, and I get an audible beep that a 2nd call is coming in and have to hit the green button to flash to the 2nd call. No more 2nd call caller ID, no more conference calls. Nothing.

Oh wait, a 3rd thing. If someone leaves a message I get a notification of that message immediately after I check my voicemail. Very useful, that.
    Quote Originally Posted by barakthecat View Post
    2 things I have found.

1. It no longer tells me what network I am on. It used to say Verizon Wireless in the blue bar across the top of the phone screen. Now there is just a blank space.

2. It used to give me on-screen information when a 2nd call came in. Now it works like an old landline with call-waiting. The screen shows nothing, and I get an audible beep that a 2nd call is coming in and have to hit the green button to flash to the 2nd call. No more 2nd call caller ID, no more conference calls. Nothing.

Oh wait, a 3rd thing. If someone leaves a message I get a notification of that message immediately after I check my voicemail. Very useful, that.
    Reprogram your phone. Dial *228 and select option 1.
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
  7. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I had #2 happen a few days ago where it made the call waiting beep without showing who was calling. However, just a few minutes ago I had a call waiting and it worked properly.

I just hope with all the excitement over the network errors they don't fix that and forget all about the DTMF and other problems.
    I have another issue with 1.1. One of the reasons I bought the phone was it worked at my desk in an area of very poor reception. I used to be able to send and receive text messages and also see incoming calls. The call would be broken if I tried to talk.

Now post MR it seems the phone continuously tries to get on the network, bouncing between no service and full bars. When it does this it also lags. I can no longer send or receive messages and do not receive calls.

This is also with 2 replaced phones with 1.1. Anyone else have similar issues? It seems like it also handles voice network connections differently.