Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    1st off let me just start out saying I am extremely dissapointed in palm, LATELY. The hardware is good, but not where it should be. The software is ok, but has major issues. Palm has been lacking majorly on the innovation side. Why has this happened? You got me...They have almost as loyal supporters as apple, have been profitable and could be doing so much better then as of late...If you are reading Palm, I am available as a consultant for a nominal fee to turn this around.

That said. I am pleasantly suprised on a regular basis with my 700p. I am also disgusted on a regular basis, lately more so then being suprised. But what I love about my 700p is the little suprises I feel when gaining new functionality due to a little 3rd party magic. One example was when I got VNC, DUN. Mundu, etc... working.
    The latest pleasant suprise, although not a new program, was LJP.I had tried it a while back on my 650 and it just wasn't working. But I decided to give it a try again, this time on my 700p.
    It is fantastic. You can play NES, SNES, Gameboy,etc... all on your palm. You can assign keys and the games, sound,etc. , at least thus far have been great! I have only tried Super Mario Bros, Zelda, and Megaman thus far. But OMG it is freakin sweeeeet!
    In a world of dissapointments it is nice to find a silver lining, and in this case its LJP. Oh, and did I mention its FREE!

(I am not compensated or affiliated with LJP., just a satisfied user.)
    P.S. makes me wonder whether palm, if switching to Linux and updating their hardware, customer service, and QA can survive off the hard work of the dev community. Maybe I just dreaming...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    1st off let me just start out saying I am extremely dissapointed in palm, LATELY. The hardware is good, but not where it should be. The software is ok, but has major issues. Palm has been lacking majorly on the innovation side. Why has this happened? You got me...They have almost as loyal supporters as apple, have been profitable and could be doing so much better then as of late...If you are reading Palm, I am available as a consultant for a nominal fee to turn this around.

That said. I am pleasantly suprised on a regular basis with my 700p. I am also disgusted on a regular basis, lately more so then being suprised. But what I love about my 700p is the little suprises I feel when gaining new functionality due to a little 3rd party magic. One example was when I got VNC, DUN. Mundu, etc... working.
    The latest pleasant suprise, although not a new program, was LJP.I had tried it a while back on my 650 and it just wasn't working. But I decided to give it a try again, this time on my 700p.
    It is fantastic. You can play NES, SNES, Gameboy,etc... all on your palm. You can assign keys and the games, sound,etc. , at least thus far have been great! I have only tried Super Mario Bros, Zelda, and Megaman thus far. But OMG it is freakin sweeeeet!
    In a world of dissapointments it is nice to find a silver lining, and in this case its LJP. Oh, and did I mention its FREE!

(I am not compensated or affiliated with LJP., just a satisfied user.)
    P.S. makes me wonder whether palm, if switching to Linux and updating their hardware, customer service, and QA can survive off the hard work of the dev community. Maybe I just dreaming...
    Link please. I would like to try that app.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    Link please. I would like to try that app.
    get it here
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Yep, it's one of my two greatest time-killers, along with PalmMame. Have they fixed SNES on the 700p yet??
    Dumb question of the day..... how do you get the games on there?

Because, I could be into playing Super Mario Brothers
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    for this, go here
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503