Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Chatter 3.0.8
    Verizon Treo 650

I have been using Snappermail for a while now. I thought I would give Chatter another try. However, when I click on a link in a message in Chatter I get an error and then soft reset. The error states, "The application cannot be launched because of a system error." I then get a soft reset. I have clicked on links in Snapper before without a similar problem. I would like to get this rectified because I really do like the feature set in Chatter, but this problem would be a deal breaker. Thanks
    I've never seen a report of this, so I'm not sure what you're seeing. I'd try deleting the app and reinstalling.

Marc
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I just checked the crash log. The error message reads, "SystemCompatability.c,Line:64, Invalid card #". I don't know if this helps. I will try deleting and reinstalling.
    Never heard of that error either.

Marc
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Well, I decided to do a hard reset and only install Chatter. Needless to say, Chatter worked flawlessly. I obviously have some conflict between the multitude of programs I have and Chatter. thanks for your help Marc, the rest is up to me.
    Anyone else have the problem in the original post? I've been dealing with this with my old 650 and now my 680. I may have to do a hard reset to stop the launch error from happening, but I'm wondering if anyone else knows what app/s might be causing the problem.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm not sure what is causing it. I had the same thing happen on my 755p starting on Monday or Tuesday. I later found out that the Chatter servers were having issues. I tried deleting and restoring older copies of chatter, but nothing seemed to work, until finally I just deleted everything related to Chatter then installed it new from Palm. Now all is well again. You might want to check the chatter website as I understand there are some more fixes there. I didn't bother to look because by the time I found out that mine wasn't an isolated case, I had already fixed it.