Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well...I just upgraded from a 650 to a 680 about a month ago and all I can say is...The battery sucks.

I tried turning off Bluetooth, the IR, and reduced the brightness and that helped a little, but I continue to have a battery life of about 4 hours before I need to charge it.

I have had it for about a month so the "wear in the battery" should have happened if it was going to happen (as I've seen as another thing about the battery).

Is there at least some tool that can tell me what is running that might be draining my battery?
    Four hours is a bit low. It could be your battery. Or your phone, though that is less likely. Are you sure you don't have background apps? This is close to (though still shorter) what I get if I run TOMTOM Navigator on Bluetooth, and/or PTunes on Bluetooth. Those tend to eat up energy, but this is ridiculous. Are you doing push email as well?
    Any good way to determine if a background app is running?

When I sync Versa Mail tries to sync, but I don't have any accounts setup.
    Battery life also depends on how good your signal is in a given area. If you live where a fringe signal is present, your battery life will suck. In a solid coverage area ou will get much better life.
    Mike
    This is unquestionably, and importantly, true. Testing my new 1600 battery renders almost useless information objectively because in New York with a strong signal I seem to get 18+ hours, but at my summer house I get about 14. Both seem substantially better than what I had with the OEM, but because these numbers are so variable, the most you can get is a relative figure, basically anecdotal.
    Quote Originally Posted by ebresie View Post
    Well...I just upgraded from a 650 to a 680 about a month ago and all I can say is...The battery sucks.

I tried turning off Bluetooth, the IR, and reduced the brightness and that helped a little, but I continue to have a battery life of about 4 hours before I need to charge it.

I have had it for about a month so the "wear in the battery" should have happened if it was going to happen (as I've seen as another thing about the battery).

Is there at least some tool that can tell me what is running that might be draining my battery?
    If you havent already, you really should calibrate the battery meter (drain till absolutely dead, wont turn on, ignore all warnings, then recharge). It may not be your battery that is the problem causing your 4 hour drain, just an inaccurate meter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khris View Post
    Please make up your mind......either you do, or you don't use data!
    I do, my wife does not.

I get 18h on a charge with Chatter and Verichat online, as I already mentioned. And my wife gets 3+ days from hers with light phone and data/SMS usage.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12