1.    #1  
    Last night I received a call from Verizon Tech Support regarding my Treo 700p MR update problem with reference to my ticket number and was given a "fix" to resolve the issue. I applied it and it seems to be working. However, since I had shut off my data plan I'm not in a position to test it at length plus signal is erratic here in Santa Barbara.

The "fix" is:

1. Open phone app.

2. Enter #*#774#

3. When requested for input enter 000000 and click on OK.

4. When completed remove battery.

5. After phone comes back on, enter #22899 Send

6. My phone reset when that was complete.

7. We're supposedly good to go.

Good luck if you try it and let us all know if it stays up.

George
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Cornfuser View Post
    Last night I received a call from Verizon Tech Support regarding my Treo 700p MR update problem with reference to my ticket number and was given a "fix" to resolve the issue. I applied it and it seems to be working.
    Well, I had to modify your steps a bit...
    0. Backup your Treo first, just in case...
    1. Open phone app.
    2. Enter #*#774#
    3. Select "Revert to Factory Default Settings"
    4. When requested for input enter 000000 and click on OK.
    5. When completed remove battery.
    6. After phone comes back on, enter *22899 Send
    7. His phone reset when that was complete. (Mine didn't)
    8. We're supposedly good to go.

But, for me, Google Maps & Blazer seems to be able to connect with no complaints. We'll see if this holds out.

Scott
    PS> #*#774# according to The TreoFAQ says that this does a "PRI Checksum and allowing you to reset phone to factory default settings" They also warn that "Note: This command can delete all data from your Treo. If you do not have recent backup do not test this code!"
    This is the procedure that replaced my Error 3000 with PPP Timeout errors and got me a 700wx replacement from Verizon. I don't recommend you try this procedure, as you may end up with PPP Timeout errors and a handset that is totally dead to the network.

Try this at your own risk... maybe you can get a new PDA out of it! LOL
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS View Post
    This is the procedure that replaced my Error 3000 with PPP Timeout errors and got me a 700wx replacement from Verizon. I don't recommend you try this procedure, as you may end up with PPP Timeout errors and a handset that is totally dead to the network.
    Ditto. I was offered this fix today. The result? Way worse than before. Web doesn't work at all now (getting "Page requested not available" errors), and email retrieving via Snapper initially didn't work at all, and now works but is as slow as pouring molasses. This "fix" made things worse for me, just as I was seeing fewer and fewer Network connection problems over the last few weeks......

On the plus side, this will probably help me get a 755p when they are released.....
    Again... I spoke to the 3rd level guy at Palm who called ME.. Supposedly a patch fix is coming out.. when.. who knows... Dont hold your breath.. I got Treo #3 today and unfortunately the UP button seems glued/sticky/hard to press.

Ive tried all of the above earlier this week as I went 6 days w/o data.. Not error 3000 but errror:PPP Timeout (0x1231) where Palm did NOT have a fix for this. The fix was to get another phone.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    I got Treo #3 today and unfortunately the UP button seems glued/sticky/hard to press.
    Same with my replacement unit....I almost kept my old one which was better for game enus like PalmMame and LJP.