1.    #1  
    Im looking for a program like ringcare. a program that i can make my own ringtones. I am giving ring care a try 5 days left on the trial but it is causing all types of problems on my treo. im getting soft reset and/or crashes.

what im looking for is a way to clip a song and make it into a ring tone.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    do you want ringtones for each contact or one general one?
    You can use a free mp3 cutter program with mp3's and trim them down, then use phone tech or ringo to set the ringer.
    I used to have an app from Qualcomm for making ringtones. Can't seem to know where i put it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    David
    Using a ring tone that requires living in main memory does not make a lot of sense. Seeing that you have tried RingCare, have you looked at CallBlock or LightWav? I am using RingCare with no problem, CallBlock was not a problem until I did the MR and with it and TakePhone running together, the device reset. LightWav is an excellent application that does it all and is well suported.

Ben
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Using a ring tone that requires living in main memory does not make a lot of sense. Seeing that you have tried RingCare, have you looked at CallBlock or LightWav? I am using RingCare with no problem, CallBlock was not a problem until I did the MR and with it and TakePhone running together, the device reset. LightWav is an excellent application that does it all and is well suported.

Ben
    i have a 755p and ring care was an issue on it . the developer is looking into it. i like to change ring tone for people sometimes weekly . what ever the new song that out someone will get that tone.
    as for callblock or light wav i have not looked into them yet . i am trying minitones and so far so good i dont have alot of junk on my treo so i got tons of memory space.
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Two thumbs up for Callblock! I originally put it on my 755p so I could automatically ignore calls with no caller ID. I knew it had the ability to play MP3's for ringtones but didn't start playing with that 'til two weeks ago or so. So far it is VERY cool. It is very similar to the way you assign tones in the native Treo contact app (individual contacts or categories etc.) except that you select from your list of MP3's instead of the list of ringtones.

So it didn't take long for me to realize what I really wanted for most songs was just a portion of the song rather than the whole thing. For this I've been using Audacity (http://audacity.sf.net) on my PC. Again this is pretty new to me but so far it's been really simple to use. Just open an MP3 and it gives you a graphical representation of the MP3 that you can use to grab a portion. Just use the file menu to export that selection as an MP3 and voila. I created a separate folder on my Treo for music excerpts so they didn't get mixed up with the full length MP3's. So far so good.
  8.    #8  
    minitones and musictones does this right on the treo
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl View Post
    what im looking for is a way to clip a song and make it into a ring tone.
    why bother with software, use this online tool instead
    makeownringtone.com
    Does anyone know anything about minitones?? I downloaded it, all mp3"s are on card in "audio" file and it will not find them. What is the deal. I am seriously about to flush this thing down the toilet....please help!!!!!!!!!
    I used minitones just fine. What kind of problems are you having?