Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    I tried but was unable to pair my Sprint Treo 700P with a T-Mobile Dash to send someone an mp3 file. I kept getting error messages - even though there was no password on the Dash it asked for one, I hit next, and it said unable to connect. The Dash was able to connect to the Treo and send me a file.

Can anyone please give me step by step instructions how to pair and have me send files? Thanks.
    Maybe could clarify that by saying Help with Bluetooth Transferring Files. Working with bluetooth devices over the course of last year this is what I learned.

Try four ZERO's as the default password. Lots of bluetooth devices use this.
    Also its pssible that the Tmobile Dash doesnt support bluetooth file transfer. Again I dont know that specific device but its possible. You could also try putting the Treo in discovery mode and see if you can get the dash to connect to it.. or try it vice versa.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Thanks, I should have been more clear what I tried.

I tried using 4 zeros and that password didnt help. The T-mobile dash was able to connect to my treo 700 P once I disabled my security password, and send me a file. Before I could transfer a file to her phone it wanted me to connect to hers and wouldnt pass the security phase even after first putting in her security password, and then even after removing the security password.

I also did put the Treo in discovery mode so the Dash could connect to me - I just couldn't send a file back
    worst case.. use a PC as a intermediary..

does the dash use a SD/mem card of some kind? Pop the file on PC.. then pop to desired device.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    I will try that, thanks. I am sure it will be the fastest way.

I think the Treo may have a problem connecting to the windows mobile bluetooth thats in the Dash.

Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    worst case.. use a PC as a intermediary..

does the dash use a SD/mem card of some kind? Pop the file on PC.. then pop to desired device.