1.    #1  
    Hello all..

I have Treo 650 GSM ( ATT formerly Cingular). I have it Unlocked thru ATT.
    I am planning to install VErsion 1.20 softwate update , but i cant find one for ATT formerly Cingular customers, but u can see one for Unlockeg GSM phones.

I am confused..under which category do i fall under ? ATT or Unlocked GSM ?

thanks
    Ram K
    Quote Originally Posted by rkuntamukkala View Post
    Hello all..

I have Treo 650 GSM ( ATT formerly Cingular). I have it Unlocked thru ATT.
    I am planning to install VErsion 1.20 softwate update , but i cant find one for ATT formerly Cingular customers, but u can see one for Unlockeg GSM phones.

I am confused..under which category do i fall under ? ATT or Unlocked GSM ?

thanks
    Ram K
    If you're staying completely "official", I'd think you'd want to use the latest AT&T/Cingular update.

Though the version number is different than the Unlocked GSM (1.17 vs. 1.20) I don't know if that actually means it's missing anything. The AT&T/Cingular update was released *after* the Unlocked GSM (March 8, 2006 for AT&T/Cingular versus January 18, 2006 for Unlocked GSM), so my guess would be that it includes the same core improvements/fixes.

As far as the version number differences, my guess is that each category (Unlocked GSM, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T/Cingular, etc.) may have their own version number tracking history. So comparisons of version numbers between those categories may not be valid.
    Visor Platinum w/ VisorPhone > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile
  3.    #3  
    Well...iam planning on staying "Official", till the end of my 2year contact that ends mid 2008.

But iam wondering what happens if i install 1.20 Version of unlocked GSM software ?
    Quote Originally Posted by rkuntamukkala View Post
    Well...iam planning on staying "Official", till the end of my 2year contact that ends mid 2008.

But iam wondering what happens if i install 1.20 Version of unlocked GSM software ?
    I doubt the Palm updater for 1.20 GSM Unlocked would work if it detected you had the AT&T/Cingular version. I think it's possible to do it with custom ROMs though. Personally I've not looked into it much since I had an unlocked PalmOne branded GSM phone to begin with.
    Visor Platinum w/ VisorPhone > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile