Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I work very cautiously when making any changes to my 650, so first I changed the ROM on my unlocked GSM 650 which gave me more room.
    Once I found that was stable, I changed out the FATFS for the FAT32.
    Once I determined that it was still stable, I bought a Transcend 4gb card,and which is working fine.

I wanted to know if I should install the SlotDriver_SDIO_sdsd ??? What is the advantage, if any?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by darjay; 08/09/2007 at 02:12 PM. Reason: to clarify question
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by darjay View Post
    I changed the ROM on my unbranded GSM 650 and just recently changed out the FATFS for the FAT32.
    I finally bought a Transcent 4gb card, and wanted to know if I need to or should add the other files for SDHC ???
    Any help would be appreciated.
    If it's not a SDHC 4GB card, then no, you don't need to swap in the slot driver file.

As to whether you should, that just depends on whether you'll want to use SDHC cards in the future.
    Visor Platinum w/ VisorPhone > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply. I didn't think I got a high speed card, but when the package arrived it said High Speed on it.
    I got confused.
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by darjay View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I didn't think I got a high speed card, but when the package arrived it said High Speed on it.
    I got confused.
    Yeah, unless it has the SDHC logo on it (which would be prominent on the card and packaging), the "high speed" is probably just indicating fast read/write speed capability (similar to the 50x, 133x, 150x stuff)
    Last edited by spurdy; 08/09/2007 at 02:52 PM. Reason: typo
  5. CcL
    Hey guys... sorry to hijack the thread darjay but i just got the exact same card and already swapped the fat32 into the rom but the phone still doesn't recognize the card...

It is a transcend SDHC class2 4gb card... does it have to do with your mentioned SlotDriver_SDIO_sdsd file? If so where can I get it and where do I put it? I hope someone can help me through...

Thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by CcL View Post
    Hey guys... sorry to hijack the thread darjay but i just got the exact same card and already swapped the fat32 into the rom but the phone still doesn't recognize the card...

It is a transcend SDHC class2 4gb card... does it have to do with your mentioned SlotDriver_SDIO_sdsd file? If so where can I get it and where do I put it? I hope someone can help me through...

Thanks so much!
    Yes, for SDHC cards you need both FAT32 and the replacement slot driver. I think darjay has a non-SDHC 4GB card from what has been described so far, so it's not quite the exact same.

Take a look here.
    Last edited by spurdy; 08/09/2007 at 03:28 PM. Reason: clarification
  7. CcL
    Thanks... got it working!

Never knew there were non-sdhc 4gb cards... damn
    Quote Originally Posted by CcL View Post
    Thanks... got it working!

Never knew there were non-sdhc 4gb cards... damn
    Well, now you'll have support for 8GB ones too. Also, 4GB non-SDHC is essentially a "hack" of the original SD spec anyway from what I understand. Though it works fine in many cases, it sounds like there can be incompatibilities between some cards & devices.