1.    #1  
    Well, my latest 700p crapped out on me yesterday afternoon after hanging up a call...went to the "access" splash screen and never left it. Soft, hard, battery pull over night were all unsuccessful.

Went to the Sprint store and they replaced it with a 755 without me asking. Upon chatting with the tech, she told me they are out of 700p's in the store and in the local warehouse (wherever that is.) They (this particular sprint store) now give out 755's for 700p's (with the TEP). Thank the gods I decided to get the TEP with the 700p...in my case it has totally paid for itself. Funny thing is there was a woman next to my kiosk arguing with the CSR to keep her 700p...to the point of getting the rep to call around to other local stores to try and find a replacement. I kept my mouth shut...

Just FYI for those hoping their personal 700p drama will soon be over. Now I'm wondering how I get my 700p data over to the 755...off to search the forums!

Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post
    Well, my latest 700p crapped out on me yesterday afternoon after hanging up a call...went to the "access" splash screen and never left it. Soft, hard, battery pull over night were all unsuccessful.

Went to the Sprint store and they replaced it with a 755 without me asking. Upon chatting with the tech, she told me they are out of 700p's in the store and in the local warehouse (wherever that is.) They (this particular sprint store) now give out 755's for 700p's (with the TEP). Thank the gods I decided to get the TEP with the 700p...in my case it has totally paid for itself. Funny thing is there was a woman next to my kiosk arguing with the CSR to keep her 700p...to the point of getting the rep to call around to other local stores to try and find a replacement. I kept my mouth shut...

Just FYI for those hoping their personal 700p drama will soon be over. Now I'm wondering how I get my 700p data over to the 755...off to search the forums!

Good luck
    If you had a reallllly good friend with a 700P you could ask to borrow it.. blast theirs away.. restore your backup onto theirs and beam everything over. I'm sure you can synch restore it.. but of course restore your contacts/memos/calenders/etc.. Only the standard PIM stuff from the Treo since the format hasn't really changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post

Now I'm wondering how I get my 700p data over to the 755...off to search the forums!

Good luck

check this out
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...87&postcount=5
  4.    #5  
    italiangspot, thanks for the links and the procedure. I'm reinstalling everything fresh (with updates as needed) as well and the part about renaming the default profile. Now the hard part is finding all the registration numbers...
    the even harder part is getting new serial numbers for programs that dont work off your hotsync name but deviceId number, like tomtom and toysoft apps

u will now have a new device id number since u have a new phone

grrrr
    For those who have had their phone replaced with a 755p under TEP coverage, are you going to a regular corporate Sprint store to get it done, or do you have to go to a repair center?
    I called sprint technical support and told them straight out that i spoke with retentions and they told me to call repair to have them note account to send out a new 755 because the treo 700p was unrepairable.

i spoke with technical support and told them the list of problems i had, and gave them two options, repair them all or send me a 755, not a treo 700p with original software either... that one has known issues as well , obviously since palm released a software upgrade. with that said sprint technical support could not fix trbles and sent me out a 755 overnight. case closed !
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by brianm1002 View Post
    For those who have had their phone replaced with a 755p under TEP coverage, are you going to a regular corporate Sprint store to get it done, or do you have to go to a repair center?
    Ummm...I guess my store is a corporate store (not a mall kiosk) and they have a repair tech in the store.