Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    I had an email with a 12mb attachment. I am unable to download via versamail. Would another email program enable me to download? I would also want to save to sd card.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    I had an email with a 12mb attachment. I am unable to download via versamail. Would another email program enable me to download? I would also want to save to sd card.
    You should be able to save it to your card by clicking on the icon to the left of the mesage gives you the option to save to card. Ive downloaded an email attachment sized around 10 I believe with out a problem.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to want to download the attachment at ALL. It's really irritating me. I go into the menu, select "get message", it says the remaining message and/or attchmet is 12947k do you want to download it? I say YES, and then it does nothing.

    ETA: With the particular e-mail I'm frustrated with, there are more than one attachment. I didn't know this until I was able to get it from a computer. Not only could I not tell on the handheld, but it didn't download any of the 5 or so attachments. Is versamail limited to only 1 attachment per e-mail?
    Last edited by French; 08/15/2007 at 09:22 AM.
  4. #4  
    French,

    Go to your email program and select "options", then select "preferences" - at the preference screen select "incoming" - the 2nd to the last field should allow you to set the maximum size of a file versamail can download - I set my for 4096 = 4mb (1024 x 4 = 4096) - the largest versamail can take or download would be 4 digits - 9999 divided by 1024 = 9.76mb file.

    There does not seem to be an option (at least I have not found it in versamail) to save the attachments to your card. If someone knows, pleas post - that would be great - no I don't want to change to snappermail or chatter - I would like to saty with versamail.

    As far as how many attactments you can download, I'm guessing you could downlaod as many attachments per the single email as long as it does not exceed the maximum you set in file size as I stated above.
  5.    #5  
    I did find where to change the size and did that, but it still wouldn't download. It was 12meg of files combined, but broken into 5 files. So no ONE file was over 9 megs. Not a single one downloaded. Also, to save the attachment to your card place your stylus on the mark to the left of the file name. A pop up should open that has save to card as an option.
  6. #6  
    French,

    I forgot to add, I "think?" Snapper mail can download "any size" no limit attachment - they have a trial version - I tried it on my old PDA Samsung i330 phone and it worked great! It is just that versal works good enough for what I need now.

    Others here talk good things about chattermail which I have never tried.
  7. #7  
    I suspect it is treating it as a single attachment with multiple files in it so it is still a 12 meg attachment. Think of it as a zip file that is created when the email is composed (containing all of your attachments) that is automatically unzipped when the receipient receives it.

    Any chance they could send it as two seaprate emails to confirm that?
  8. #8  
    To save a attatchment to your card using versamail you have to click on the little icon just to the left of the attatchment and it will give three options: View, Select viewer, and Save to card. I have always used the save to card option on my bigger attatchments. I just downloaded 3 mp3's equalling about 10.5 megs to my card.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I suspect it is treating it as a single attachment with multiple files in it so it is still a 12 meg attachment. Think of it as a zip file that is created when the email is composed (containing all of your attachments) that is automatically unzipped when the receipient receives it.

    Any chance they could send it as two seaprate emails to confirm that?

    I think you are right - it may treat the whole email as one size
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    To save a attatchment to your card using versamail you have to click on the little icon just to the left of the attatchment and it will give three options: View, Select viewer, and Save to card. I have always used the save to card option on my bigger attatchments. I just downloaded 3 mp3's equalling about 10.5 megs to my card.
    I guess I knew that - what I meant to ask but my pea brain wouldn't let me, is there a way to save the "whole" email including the attachments if any to a card?

    I think Snappermail can do that? I tend to save a lot of emails in different folders I created for reference - and it would seem handy to save my ever growing emails to the card and save memory.

    Thanks!
  11. #11  
    ahh that I don't think so.. I used snapper for a while and I think your talking about its export feature to help keep your ram database as small as possible.. as far as I know I don't think versamail does this... I wish it did though
  12. #12  
    syphex,

    Thanks for the response! Although not what I was hoping for. :-(
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Go to your email program and select "options", then select "preferences" - at the preference screen select "incoming" - the 2nd to the last field should allow you to set the maximum size of a file versamail can download - I set my for 4096 = 4mb (1024 x 4 = 4096) - the largest versamail can take or download would be 4 digits - 9999 divided by 1024 = 9.76mb file.
    By default this is set to something silly tiny...like 4Kb. The maximum however, is only 5196Kb....considerably smaller than 12Mb.
  14.    #14  
    Then another question...does Snappermail limit the attachment size?
  15. #15  
    Im not sure about attachment sizes in snapper quite honestly I don't think I ever had anything that big in size. I know you can change the size about just like versamail but not sure what it caps out at. I couldn't find any info on their site about it either. You might want to just email their tech support that question before you start using it.
  16. #16  
    French,

    Check out this review here of snappermail -> http://www.geek.com/mini-review-snap...-palm-devices/

    or a little snippet from the review says: "... SnapperMail uses only 285 KB of memory, and you can receive attachments of any size–as long as you have memory available...."

    If I remember correctly, the trial actually has a hugh attachment that comes with it to show how it works.

    I found that it really worked nice on an old phone I had with 16mb of total ram (not a mistake - 16mb) Samsung i330 PDA phone

    One more review for you -> http://www.hhcmag.com/reviews/snappermail/index.htm

    BTW - I do not work for snappermail - I might actually purchase it myself since I've tried it and liked it - but I don't want to have two email programs on my 755p unless I can totaly eliminate the versamail from my phone which I think you can do - I'll have to do more searching to see if it really possible before buying snappermail - one bad thing about snappermail is that it IS expensive and versamail is free
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 08/17/2007 at 11:09 AM. Reason: added another link
  17.    #17  
    Thank you MouseGlider!!
  18. #18  
    yeah I used snapper while I had my 700p and it if had push mail capability then I would still be using it but I can't live with out push now snapper never crashed on me and always worked like it was supposed to. I don't think you can get rid of versamail since its in the rom not just ram but I could be wrong but just in case you care to know as long as you delete all your accounts in versamail and don't have an email left in it also you won't have any problems running snapper while versamail is still installed.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    By default this is set to something silly tiny...like 4Kb. The maximum however, is only 5196Kb....considerably smaller than 12Mb.

    Disaster,

    Your are correct sir! I just tried to enter 9999 - and it came back saying:

    "Message must be between 4 and 5120KB"

    I couldn't believe it when I first setup my email - I couldn't even download some emails because the default was set so low!

Posting Permissions