1.    #1  
    Is there a white dot that turns red with water in the treo somewhere?
    Just did a search, and....

This thread had a posting that said...
    Silica gel absorbs moisture but putting your phone (or anything) on a warm radiator or sunny windowsill will accomplish the same thing. Don't expect magic unless you are trying to get out "moisture" that has JUST gotten it. It takes time to corrode the contacts, which means old moisture, which means it is not likely this will work.

And, those contacts are gold flashed, they are not bare copper, so they have to be worn and then exposed for some time before they turn green. I'm a pessimist, but I don't think you will get a simple fix here.

There are already a couple of class actions suits about cell phones and "moisture" problems and the question is large enough that several maor carriers (Cingular & Verizon among them) are now placing a white "dot" about 1/8" in size in the battery compartment. Look for the dot. If it has turned red--that means the phone was exposed to moisture and they will not honor the warranty on it.

If the phone is under warranty and the dot is red...who knows, sometimes dots get lost?<G> Clean the contacts with a dry toothbrush, send it in for warranty repair, and let them worry about it.
    So, I checked my Treo 700P (Verizon) and there's a little white dot on the top of the battery compartment, you have to remove the battery to see it. Not gonna to a dunk test to see if it changes color though.

Scott
    You can buy the dots on ebay if you have a problem, a friend dropped his Razor in a pool, replaced his dot and got warranty return.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you. It seems, however, that many people (w/out insurance) have been denied replacements due to self-inflicted water damage. Maybe the sticker gives them away?

Anyway, I noticed that your avatar proudly displays the black and gold. GO STEELERS! I live in the 'burgh and I'm a die hard Steelers fan. After what we did to the Saints last weekend, I can't wait until the regular season. It'll be interesting to see what the Tomlin era holds for us.

Here we go!