1.    #1  
    I need step by step instruction on setting up my environment to allow me to sync 755p with Exchange 2003 server with SP2 and Sonicwall VPN device.

Anyone have instructions? Palm's instructions assume certain things are in place. I need the cook book recipe step by step instructions.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    well for exchange if you are talking about just the phone side I may be able to help if the exchange server is already set up and working, but I have never used vpn on a treo before. Let me know if you just need help say setting up versamail or if you are talking about the actual exchange server.
    VPN software for the Treo is available for IPSEC, and PPTP. You can search for the software on the Palm website. However, it is very expensive, I passed on VPN, because the cost was not worth it.
    Matty
    Okay - I need lots of help too.
    I work for a small healthcare company and for patient data safety reasons our IT guy has implemented an Exchange Server (2007). We tried to get the Treo set up (I'm the only one that uses one out of about 20 employees) and can't get the settings just right. And/or the other problem of the root safety certificate thing. He sent me a couple different certificates that I tried to use the palm pdb modification tool to be able to install the certificate. I was able to convert the certificate to a PDB, but then the hot sync process file log says it was deleted and it doesn't install it...? How does one know which certificate is needed and he also wondered in what format it is needed.
    I also read that an exchange server could have the IMAP port opened up and the Treo works with an IMAP account so is that an easier option? However, does it lose the safety aspect?
    Help...I'd love to use it and think that we are close.
  5.    #5  
    I need to know that the Exchange is setup first. Then I need pointer on firewall settings for IP.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    I thought you needed Exchange 2003. Hopefully not!
  7.    #7  
    I have Exchange 2003. What settings do I have to set and where do I do it?

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    I think I am going to opt for the IMAP method - I don't really need the small company I work for seeing my calendar, contacts, etc. I just need the email.
    So are there any helpful tidbits for doing it this way that I can pass along to IT?
    One question is - does a certificate still need installed on the 755 for the IMAP method? It was not working when attempting to set up the exchange info on the 755. It would go through the hot sync process (after I used the conversion tool to change the certificate to a PDB) and then say the hot sync process deleted the install of the PDB/certificate.
    So hopefully a certificate is not needed - although does that make it less secure...?
    Thanks!
  9.    #9  
    I had everything set but had to setup my firewall to allow the traffic.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com