1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried the new Plantronics Voyager 520, especially old 510 owners? I recently lost my 510 and am looking for a replacement...the 520 sounds good, but I just want to make sure it works with my 755p

http://www.buy.com/articles/loc/6326...ype/0/272.html
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    I use it with my 700p. I do have issues but they seem to be the same everyone else has with BT on the 700p
    buy another 510 off of ebay. Got mine for 30.00 and it works great albeit with a 650
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    buy another 510 off of ebay. Got mine for 30.00 and it works great albeit with a 650

Cadman, the question was primarily if it's better then the Plantronics Voyager 510. Have you tried the Voyager 520?
    Most reviews that I read at other sites state that it is overall better then the 510 and the battery lasts longer. I have a 510 and am always looking for a better headset and am also curious from people that tried the 510 and the 520 if the 520 is nicer.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I got one for the holidays and and first I loved it. It is very comfortable, nice and loud, I can keep the volume on my Treo 750 below the halfway mark and it was plenty loud. It is also pretty clear.
    Now for the negatives and unfortunately it is going back. While talking to my friends they kept complaining about too much background noise, at first I thought it was a fluke except that it started happening all the time and people were actually getting annoyed talking to me on the phone until I went to a quieter place. This is not a problem that I had with my Plantronics 510. The 510 is great but it starts to fail after a few months to the point of having to repeat yourself or talk louder when you are on the phone. I've been through about 5 of them and am very happy with them until this starts happening.
    I've heard the Jawbones have improved and may give it another try. I bought one when it first came out a I didn't like it at all but a friend of mine has had good luck with it lately, although he did mention that he also had gone through 2-3 of them in the last month and each one behaves differently.

I wanted to add that I spoke to Plantronics and they claim that the headset is defective. I should be getting a replacement in a week and will keep you posted if it behaves the same.
    Last edited by mmereos; 01/16/2008 at 11:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I wanted to update my review. I received a replacement Voyager 520 and it was just as bad as the original that Plantronics claimed was defective. I would say this is a TERRIBLE headset and it’s completely useless in environments with some noise in the background; it picks up even the slightest sounds and amplifies them to unbearable levels that people on the other end of the phone get extremely annoyed. I am surprised that Plantronics actually puts out products that are that bad. I’m switching back to the Voyager 510 which is a much better headset and will continue to look for a better headset.
    I've had no such problems and I use mine for their office phone system. It switches connections real time, great range, no complains "most of the time" and I'm in a noisy office. Once in a while someone complains of noise or not being able to hear me but it's rare. With the 755p I've never had a complaint and people actually say I sound "near". I just get the usual BT connect/disconnect thing of the POS Treo.
    I agree. I have been using this headset for a while now (since it first came out). It has the best noise cancellation of any headset I've tried, including the 510.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    I agree. I have been using this headset for a while now (since it first came out). It has the best noise cancellation of any headset I've tried, including the 510.
    I am using the 510, and works great, better than any bluetooth I've had, except problems w/ the treo 755p synching in and out.....

anything you did different when initially setting your 520 up ? would you say that the 520 is better than the 510 ?

thanks!
    As late this may be I use the 520, it's a little heavy but it goes with everywhere & works great with both my Treo Pro & I've never had any trouble with it. it's out lived 2 665's.