Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moxsi View Post
    hey guys,
    i was a user of DA also. ...so when it stopped working, i wrote my own. it's pretty simple but does the job of what i want/need. i've given it to a few friends and they haven't mentioned any problems with it. if anyone is interested in it, just email me (scott@moxsi.com). if lots of people are interested in it, i might go ahead and add my standard moxsi wrapper stuff around it and post it to the general public (on my website).
    best,
    scott

ps. i hope this post doesn't constitute "hijacking", that's not my intent. just trying to help. i loved DA, ...it was on my main screen (i only allow 12 apps on my main screen).
    Scott, I think if you posted your work, you'd find that many people would be interested. I'd encourage you to post it and see what happens.

It appears to me that the DA app is taking a different direction than past versions. Perhaps this will work for some, but likely not all. Further, there is no guarantee that the DA will even be re-released.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    just upload it here or a link to the file
    Ditto - post it.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Yes, please. Many here are uncomfortable giving out email addresses. Thanks.
    Scott Posted it on his site ( www.moxsi.com ). It's working well for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    Scott Posted it on his site ( www.moxsi.com ). It's working well for me.

Yup, also look here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=155883
    It's working well for me. Thanks.
    Why is it, with these recent postings and the posts on the other thread, do I feel like I'm watching the movie The Ten Commandments? You know, when Moses was up on the mountain and he was up there so long everyone started worshiping false Gods. The new ap is really nice to have, but come on guys.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    The new ap is really nice to have, but come on guys.
    Come on what? There is no DA and other options are not as good as Scott's application. If DA comes out and is apealling, I will use it and pay for it. If not, then Scott gave us a nice alternative. Personally, I appreciate Rick's years of supporting DA, but I do need to use something in the interim.

Regards,
    Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Why is it, with these recent postings and the posts on the other thread, do I feel like I'm watching the movie The Ten Commandments? You know, when Moses was up on the mountain and he was up there so long everyone started worshiping false Gods. The new ap is really nice to have, but come on guys.
    very interesting post. i don't feel like the antichrist.
    fwiw, even i will use rick's new DA application if i find it more useful than x411.
    very interesting post. i don't feel like the antichrist.
    I guess I came off that way, didn't I? It wasn't meant that way. I say you have a great ap, and you did a great job in the short time it took you. What I was trying to get a laugh at is how all of this reminded me of the movie. No offense meant to anyone.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    fwiw, even i will use rick's new DA application if i find it more useful than x411.
    Agreed. I really appreciate Scott's effort. Sprint charges an insane $1.79 for directory assistance....and they aren't alone. If Scott decides to charge $10 bucks for his app it would pay for itself in 6 uses.

Googlemaps sometimes works for businesses but it is nice to have a small fast application that works for businesses and residences.

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ue...toryAssistance

http://www.trac.org/newsroom/release.../2001/156.html
    I appreciate Scott's efforts. DA as a paid application is worth considering and so is Scott's. I used Scott's application twice Thursday and it worked well.

One location I looked up: Hawaii Foodservice Alliance - came back no results, but it did state to try fewer characters. I entered Hawaii Foodservice and a match was displayed.

Ben
  15.    #155  
    DA will continue to be free, as will the service. I appreciate those who have confidence in its return, which will be very soon. A lot of effort has gone into building infrastructure and a business model that will keep it free and make for faster and more reliable operation going forward, plus insulating the users from site changes as "web scraper" applications are prone to.

Rick
    Thanks for the continued work on DA, Rick. The effort is appreciated by a lot of people and we look forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Hey Rick, if you need some help beta testing your new and improved DA app before releasing it, you know you can send it my way.

Looking forward to see its return!
    Hey, before DA, I used to carry a phone book in my car. The 411 charge from your cell phone is insane. Additionally, 411 works when you're out of town. It's a great app and a great savings(time and money).
    Just wanted tp give the old thread a little bump.

Hows it coming along Rick? getting closer?

Having DA back on would make a great Christmas present!
    I see the sites been updated and I heard its in final testing
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast