Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    where art tho, thy DA? I miss thy beautiful functionality...
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt View Post
    Chime! Beta is progressing well, there is one more major piece to put into place and we'll be ready to go. I'm hoping to be able to give you some positive news in a week or 2!

Rick

Okay, we need a new update. What's happening?
    Not having DA is like not having a Treo.

Al
    My treo is absolutely more useful to me with a working version of DA. Hopefully it'll be here soon.
    I'm sure the wait will be well worth it.

Having said that, man do I miss it. Google maps is just not the same.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Rant mode on... I'm traveling again, and so especially bitter...

So, it's now been over two months. No real update on what's going on other than promises of updates "real soon" and "in one to two weeks", neither of which has panned out. A "beta page" that has no information, no content, but lets us know we're going to be ignored for a Windows Mobile version soon. Great, that's really useful to all of us who have used it on Palm.

For crying out loud, give us a public beta. Give us the old version with no new features except it works. Give us something. Right now you have a large customer base that has been completely stranded by this lack of support.

And yes, I have donated in the past. No doubt as to how useful it once was. But I can learn to live without it if I can't depend on it, and I certainly haven't been able to these last few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondsw View Post

I know how you feel. When I was traveling last month, I can't tell you how many times my wife told me "cant you just look it up on your Treo like you've always done"?

Although I miss it all the time, I feel it the most when I'm traveling. I need it to get info to input into my GPS.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondsw View Post
    Remember, Rick brought this wonderful little gem into our lives as a favor, and for the fun of doing it. Even though many of us have made donations, that is exactly what they were, donations, not contracted purchases.

I miss DA as much as the next guy, but Rick has no obligations to us. If he decides to brighten our lives again with a new and improved version, well happy days are here again!

He isn't some big, bad, software company failing to deliver something for which we've all paid big bucks, and have some right to keep hammering until they come through on their promises.

He's just a guy who happen to write a really cool applet that many people miss like an old friend.
    I agree totally. As much as I loved and miss DA, Rick has never promised us a thing. He worked hard to keep the application current, and I am sure he is doing all he can now. If Rick never came out with another version of DA, I still appreciate all of the work he has done in the past. I am certain that he never saw a penny from most of DA's users.

Thanks for your time, Rick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider View Post
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Although I do not know Rick or anything about him, he may have a "real job" away from writing DA that feeds his family and keeps a roof over his head. We know the donations probably did not do it or properly compensate him for his time and the great app!

I agree: I still appreciate what he has done in the past and especially the upgrades and support he always seemed to manage to get out in such a timely manner.

Thank you from Spring Texas, Rick!!
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    Let me pile on and say, thanks Rick. Hopefully you can get DA working again, but if not, thank you for a great product that you easily could have charged for but instead gave to the POS community for free. Kudos to you.
    ditto
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Is everybody get all sentimental now? J/k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider View Post
    I am certain that he never saw a penny from most of DA's users.

I would probably agree. How many of us beamed it over to anyone we saw using a treo. This program is so good and easy to use, I can't see it being a free program. I felt that way after I downloaded it I donated $10. I donated again for my wifes phone, and one more time when he fixed a problem I was having on my phone. Rick has always goine above and beyond. He said he was working with someone as the old format is giving him trouble or something. I'm sure he wants the program to be as correct as say....Verizon wants the 755 to be.

But, the big question, would you be willing to purchase the product if it were say $15-20? We all love this program, be honest, as he certainly deserves this.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I would probably agree. How many of us beamed it over to anyone we saw using a treo. This program is so good and easy to use, I can't see it being a free program. I felt that way after I downloaded it I donated $10. I donated again for my wifes phone, and one more time when he fixed a problem I was having on my phone. Rick has always goine above and beyond. He said he was working with someone as the old format is giving him trouble or something. I'm sure he wants the program to be as correct as say....Verizon wants the 755 to be.

But, the big question, would you be willing to purchase the product if it were say $15-20? We all love this program, be honest, as he certainly deserves this.
    Ii would pay. No question.
    It is developers like Rick who absolutely deserve to be paid for their time.
    I have no basis to rant as I never gave Rick a cent and would have certainly anted up after a 30 day trial period involving any time away from home or office. I am sure I'm the rule rather than the exception. His generosity is commendable and if DA returns, I promise...................
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    would you be willing to purchase the product if it were say $15-20?

iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Absolutely willing to purchase the program! I contributed, but if it's even better and more useful - count me in!
    Yeah, I think many of us would be willing to purchase it.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro