Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Looks like he`s setting up his own server, so his next-gen program never gets blindsided by a third-party format change.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I actually pulled out a phonebook today at a friends house! hah! she didn't have a laptop and DA wasn't working.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefBragg View Post
    We all know Rick worked hard on the previous app and kept it updated and added new features.

I'm thinking that clicking the PayPal DONATION button TWICE would be an appropriate response for the new version when he gets it ready!
    I'll pay. Great app.
    Has anyone heard an update?
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform View Post
    Has anyone heard an update?

See post #10 from Rick.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quick question: will the new app still be Treo 600 compatible? (Yeah I know I need a new phone, but in the meantime DA has been one of my most useful apps... I have really been missing it lately!)

Thanks for the info and the updates!
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    I actually pulled out a phonebook today at a friends house! hah! she didn't have a laptop and DA wasn't working.
    a wut?
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Replacement till Rick does his thang: http://www.earthcomber.com/splash/index.html
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Replacement till Rick does his thang: http://www.earthcomber.com/splash/index.html
    Good one NachoB
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Good one NachoB
    Heh, I've had this site bookmarked for about a year and have never actually used it, I guess now is as good a time as any.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142 View Post
    a wut?
    haha exactly
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    For me, Earthcomber fills a different nitche. But, it fills it very well. Thanks for the find!!! I still can't wait for the return of DA!!!

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Quote Originally Posted by McTreo View Post
    For me, Earthcomber fills a different nitche. But, it fills it very well. Thanks for the find!!! I still can't wait for the return of DA!!!

Mac
    I agree, can't wait for DA to be back....

Earthcomber looks interesting. Is there a big difference between the web version and the "Palm Touchscreen" version? It mentions the the touchscreen version can use GPS, how exactly does that work?
    I can't believe how much I've used this app until it was gone! Palm should really pay to have this included with every phone.
    Just curious... In what way is DA better than websites such as Google?
    Thanks.
    I like the fact that it can add the info directly to your contacts.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Just curious... In what way is DA better than websites such as Google?
    Thanks.
    Sorry, but trying to explain it just won't do. You have to have used it to understand how easy it was to use. Much better than google when you knew the name of the person or business but were needing to look up phone or address or get map. Now, if you just want to find a listing of all the Pizza places in a city, google is fine, but when you needed a number DA was the best, hope it is back soon!
    With Google you gotta put the inquiry in and then look and look until you find what you want - there is no real order to it. What Rick's application does is puts order in a random world.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Sorry, but trying to explain it just won't do. You have to have used it to understand how easy it was to use.
    You know, yesterday I started typing a response to that post and couldn't stop writing. It got so long I gave up trying to explain and didn't post. Your answer really says it all. That's why.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Your answer really says it all. That's why.

I'll Second that!

And not to nag, but it has been a month, is there any ETA?

IF there was just ONE application (besides email) that I could show someone to explain to them why a Treo is so useful...it would be Directory Assistant. It is easy to use, clean, fast simple, and SO useful in many day to day instance. It is really one of those things where you can't image life before it, and why many of us are in withdrawal!

One story that I think y'all will appreciate. I live in a small upstate New York University town. One Friday night after a week of a big career fair on campus I was downtown and went to get cash. When I approached the ATM a group of financial recruiter types were walking off. The ATM said "Do you need more time?" Perplexed I hit "no" and out shot someone's ATM card! D'oh! The name looked pretty unique, so I whipped out my Treo650 (now I have a 755p) and started up DA and entered the name first doing just a local search. Nothing. I then expanded it to the entire state and sure enough only one name popped up with a New York City area code. At DA's beckoning I went ahead and called the number and when the guy picked up I could tell from the background noise he was at the sports bar around the corner. I told him my name, but that he doesn't know me, but that I have his ATM card from the machine around the corner from the sports bar. I met him outside the sports bar and returned his card. When he asked me how I found him I just held up my Treo and said "Everything is on the internet, you just have to find it..." at which point he looked down at his blackberry and said "I don't think I could have....thanks..." and he offered to buy me a drink but I was late to meet friends for dinner....

So there you go, life made SIMPLE by the Treo and DA. Pre-Treo the best I could have done would be to take the card to the police, put in the bank's drop slot (wherever that is!) or put it back in the atm and purposely enter a pin of "1234" enough times for the machine to eat the card.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast