1.    #1  
    I have a brand new T680 that has been acting very odd.

Symptoms:

Last night, I could not use the touchscreen (5-way worked fine), even after a couple of soft resets. It seems to be an intermittent problem.

Every now and again, when I go to the Home screen, the highlighted box on the icons jumps to the "Email" selection, seemingly by itself...and even opens VersaMail once and awhile when I hit just about any key or direction on the 5-way

And, on some screens, when I hit the menu button, the menus present and the drop, but if I try to move the right (to Edit or other menus) it kicks right out as if I have selected something.

Based on the combinationof these things, it smells like some type of connection/assembly type problem on the hardware. But to be sure that there is not some software/firmware glitch, I am posting it here to see if anyone has any similar experience.

Thanks

Skigs
    go to pref and do the touchscreen sequence again.
    If you've applied a screen protector it sounds like it's touching the case somewhere, try to redo it.
  4.    #4  
    For waht it is worth, I still had the original factory screen protection on the unit as I am awaiting the arrival of a proper screen protector. Based on the post about the screen protector touching the case, I took off the original cover and my problems appear, at least for now to have gone away. I'll know more after I play with it some more.

But man...I never would have thunk it that a screen protector could be the source of a problem.

Hopefully, the issue is closed and I can go backt being a T680 happy camper.

Skigs
    Kindly go to preferance menu and calibrate Ur touchscreen
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    if u get a bit of dust/grit that sticks right at edge of screen/case this can cause random presses on the touchscreen.

Always worth once in a while running something thin between the case ans ur screen and hook out the odd bit of debris.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulster View Post
    if u get a bit of dust/grit that sticks right at edge of screen/case this can cause random presses on the touchscreen.

Always worth once in a while running something thin between the case ans ur screen and hook out the odd bit of debris.
    Be very cautious doing this, there are connections a few mm inside the edge of the screen, so only go DIRECTLY under the edge, don't probe in.

I've heard a playing card works well for this, just again, take care.
    The factory screen protector causes problems. Your problems will probably disappear with it removed.