1.    #1  
    Please bear with me as I jsut got the phone yesterday adn with 3 kids I havn't had much time to read and play with the phone as I'd like. But I did manage to figure out how to get on the web bit how do I turn the web off when I'm thru browsing?

Warning, I may have lots of silly questions.

Gin
    Did you ever find the Network Prefs?

That is the only way I know how right now - there used to be a disconnect choice in the menus.
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TraecyS/FL View Post
    Did you ever find the Network Prefs?

That is the only way I know how right now - there used to be a disconnect choice in the menus.

NOPE! That's why I asked here. Figured someone with this phone may
    I usually just switch to a different application and don't worry about it. I guess this is technically not turning it off though.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigman View Post
    NOPE! That's why I asked here. Figured someone with this phone may
    Check HSS for some pics
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    I actually know the answer to this! Hold down the OK button (to the left of end call button) and a screen will show you all running programs. You can stop just one or stop all. By doing this you actually save on battery use.
    Have had my 700wx for about six months now and after extensive research, have really pushed it to its limit on getting it to do what I want.
    Besides internet & email, I am watching my cable television via Slingbox, copied CDs to SD card via Windows Media Player on my PC, compressed commercial movies & copied to SD card on my PC using www.anydvd.com and DVD clone mobile (then downloaded to 700wx free TCPMP to watch them)
    Copied games to SD from www.freeware.com
    And most important...downloaded A2DP from this forum. Amazing download from a real smart guy named Hannip which makes the 700wx compatible with bluetooth stereo headphones & headsets. The best being Motorola S9 (great for exercising) and Jabra BT 8010 (can use right headset alone & still hear all your sounds, or add the left side for true stereo)
    TIP....put everything you can on SD cards to save space on your Treo. However download the A2DP cab & TCPMP directly to Treo.
    TIP....get in habit of connecting to your PC via ActiveSync software that came with your phone. This will backup your contacts, notes, etc in case you ever get stuck & have to do a hard reset on you phone. In 7 months I never had to but I'm a precautionary sort.
    Hope this helps! Good luck & have fun with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyhauff View Post
    I actually know the answer to this! Hold down the OK button (to the left of end call button) and a screen will show you all running programs. You can stop just one or stop all. By doing this you actually save on battery use.
    Have had my 700wx for about six months now and after extensive research, have really pushed it to its limit on getting it to do what I want.
    Besides internet & email, I am watching my cable television via Slingbox, copied CDs to SD card via Windows Media Player on my PC, compressed commercial movies & copied to SD card on my PC using www.anydvd.com and DVD clone mobile (then downloaded to 700wx free TCPMP to watch them)
    Copied games to SD from www.freeware.com
    And most important...downloaded A2DP from this forum. Amazing download from a real smart guy named Hannip which makes the 700wx compatible with bluetooth stereo headphones & headsets. The best being Motorola S9 (great for exercising) and Jabra BT 8010 (can use right headset alone & still hear all your sounds, or add the left side for true stereo)
    TIP....put everything you can on SD cards to save space on your Treo. However download the A2DP cab & TCPMP directly to Treo.
    TIP....get in habit of connecting to your PC via ActiveSync software that came with your phone. This will backup your contacts, notes, etc in case you ever get stuck & have to do a hard reset on you phone. In 7 months I never had to but I'm a precautionary sort.
    Hope this helps! Good luck & have fun with it.
    This is irrelevant to Palm OS based phones. While the Windows Treos have processes running, switching to another application on the Treo with Palm software will automatically turn off the app, its not like Windows.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyhauff View Post
    LOL, you are going to confuse Gin (who will admit it doesn't take much - i can say that - i know her IRL ), the 755p doesn't have an OK button, that button is the "Messaging" button and probably doesn't do the same thing as on the WM version.

She has promised to watch the training video's at Palm tonight!!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TraecyS/FL View Post
    LOL, you are going to confuse Gin (who will admit it doesn't take much - i can say that - i know her IRL ), the 755p doesn't have an OK button, that button is the "Messaging" button and probably doesn't do the same thing as on the WM version.

She has promised to watch the training video's at Palm tonight!!
    Yes, it doesn't take much to confuse me. And I read that response about the 700 phone jsut by scanning and missed the part that it was a 700 the first time. I wasa looking for the OK button. Then re-read the post. Whew! I'm not totally losing it.

Going to really try to watch the video's tonight.

Gin
    Quote Originally Posted by tigman View Post
    Going to really try to watch the video's tonight.
    There will be a test in the morning!!

What training videos?
    Matty