Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a new user of the Treo 755p and so far I love it. I've been using it for 5 days now and hadn't tried the IM. After reading the posts I decided to try it. I downloaded it and it works great. I use AIM and use Comcast for email.

My question - I know it costs to use IM but can someone tell me how much. I just might decide to uninstall it depending on the answer - LOL!

Thanks! PghPatti (as in Pittsburgh Steelers) and yes I know they just lost tonight in Pittsburgh - bummer!
    now even mundu is causing me problems. has anybody gotten the IM to work in the background without causing problems? it seems like all my background apps is causing my phone to act up
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Hello All,

I have a 700p, and I installed the Sprint IM program from the 755 rom. It was working fine for months until this update thing kicked in, and now keeps sending me to the http://www.sprint.com/powerim site, which as you know, doesn't work. I can't find it in the Digital Lounge, but I'm guessing that is because I have a 700p, and this program is only supposed to come on 755s. I currently have version 1.3.65.S of the IM program. So my question is, what is the new version number? And my favor to ask is, can someone please pull the new .prc from their 755 and put it somewhere I and others without 755s can get it from?
    Hi All, I use Gizmoproject for Treo, which is free software and lets you IM with AIM and MSN instant messaging buddies. Also signing up gets you free computer to computer SIP calls (with out the Skype proprietary standard).
    Gizmoproject works on my treo 755p for IM'ing and from my computer for IM'ing or phone calling. and the computer to landline or cellphone rates are cheap.
    I'm in no way associated with Gizmo.

r
    here is the direct link http://www.gizmoproject.com/learnmore-palm.html

And it a true multiprotocol IM client on the Treo, It lets you import your buddy lists on Gizmo, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, iChat, and Jabber* (Jabber is the protocol that Gmail chat uses).
  6. IRJ
    Palm/Sprint say the IM app is 3rd party so they don't have a responsibility to sort it out.
    I finally found a back door into AOL's IM. You get onto the Web then go to the Portal menu and select AOL. This asks you to sign in. Then you can IM from the AOL menu.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Ok, so I found the updated IM.prc file (the new version is 1.3.67.s). Now my problem is that Yahoo doesn't connect, and I can't figure out how to make the gateway settings come back in this new version. Anyone get Yahoo to work?
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    hah, what an app! I install 1.3.66.S when I got my 755p and AOL won't connect, but Yahoo works great. Now I install 1.3.67.S and finally AOL is working. But ... sigh ... Yahoo now won't work.

Oh well, it was free.
    Where did you find the update?
    it automatically pops up the update when you open it
    Thanks

I was able to get it for my 755, but the link is giving an error after the prompt on my wife's 755.

It fixed my issue.
    Okay to the people that are having probelms with the update that just happend recently... if you are having trouble connecting just delete the whole program (I know it sucks but works) and reinstall. I couldn't connect to any of the 3 until I did this and now I can connect to them all. Just a thought
    MEEE tooo! I was having this problem and I spent the whole afternoon trying to make it work. IM is very important to me. I went to several help pages and read the whole 755p support book. no luck. customer service sux.
    Try QuickIM. it works perfectly. go to www.quickim.com and problem solved. I am now happily im-ing away.
    The update on the built-in IM app is working very well with AIM.

No issues yet.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Okay to the people that are having probelms with the update that just happend recently... if you are having trouble connecting just delete the whole program (I know it sucks but works) and reinstall. I couldn't connect to any of the 3 until I did this and now I can connect to them all. Just a thought
    Well I'll be...

That possessed, heroin shooting, hairless dog was right! Thanks the tip. I deleted IM, re-downloaded it and now Yahoo and AOL both work.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    Well I'll be...

That possessed, heroin shooting, hairless dog was right! Thanks the tip. I deleted IM, re-downloaded it and now Yahoo and AOL both work.

Thanks
    Same here - I was nervous about deleting it thinking I'd never get it back on there correctly.
    I was at the Sprint site ready to send a link. However, after I deleted it I tapped the IM icon to see what would happen and it took me to Blazer to re-download everything, which I did.
    After the second attempt of installing the newer version it worked for both Yahoo & MSN (I don't have or use AOL).
    So again these boards help more than Sprint or Palm every could.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Yep, the reinstall worked for me too. I also started getting the error after the update, Error 103. All is well now; using MSN.
    My Palm History:

m100, IIIxe, Vx, m515, Zire72, Tungsten E, Tungsten T5...then a loooonnnng break....Treo 750 (tried), Treo 680(tried), Treo 755p (current, and favorite).
    I would like to second the requests above for someone to post the latest IM PRC -- I have a Sprint 700p and can't obtain the update through the link that pops up when I open the application -- thanks.
    I got the 103 error also after being forced to download the update. I deleted the app and re installed. Now it is working again. Thanks for the tips on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I gave up on this app... its too buggy for me...

Try Mundu guys. Its great! plus it has a file transfer feature.
    I tried to use mundu and after the initial set up it gave me an error message saying that my device was not supported. Am I doing something wrong?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast