View Poll Results: Why do you still use a 650?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reliability/ Problems with the 700 series

19 15.97%
  • Cost of the newer Treo's

33 27.73%
  • No particular need to upgrade

89 74.79%
  • Form factor- i.e. the antenna is a plus.

6 5.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    For me, since I am on Tmo, the highest I can go is a 680. I still use the 650 because it works so well and not that much different from the 680. Once palm decides to release the new 755 with an OS that isn't crap, I will prob upgrade.
    I have a 650 and use the PDA and phone part only. I have been in the same room with other Verizon users and my 650 beeps and the other Verzion (phone only not PDA) have more that one bar. Would a 700P or (coming soon )755P for Verizon have better range? Or do I need to go back to a phone without PDA?
    P. S. Verizon has replace this 650 two times already.
    [QUOTE=gjantz;1336462]I have a 650 and use the PDA and phone part only. I have been in the same room with other Verizon users and my 650 beeps and the other Verzion (phone only not PDA) have more that one bar. Would a 700P or (coming soon )755P for Verizon have better range? Or do I need to go back to a phone without PDA?
    P. S. Verizon has replace this 650 two times already.
  4.    #44  
    The 650 shows less bars, but still gets a strong signal. Every phone is different in how they show signal strength.
    Hey Cadman! I didn't vote because none of the options applied. I still use my 650 as opposed to my two 680s, but I have no idea why . Loyalty???
  6.    #46  
    Talk about Murphy's Law....my 650 is acting up...Sometimes the speakerphone works and sometimes it doesn't!!
    I disabled volumecare and still same thing unless I reset.
    Sorry to go off topic. If the 755 was out on verizon I'd buy it today, but I have to wait...I don't want to call insurance and get a 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Curious as to why some of you still use your 650.
    1. Loyalty and familiarity. I have been using Palms for 10 years
    2. The iPhone is too closed a platform versus the Treos.
    3. The iPhone not yet focused on business users
    4. Because Palm might have a future

However, yesterday I was within 2 clicks of upgrading to the 755p. My next smartphone is likely either an 755p/800p ( ) or an iPhone.
    Casio BOSS > Palm Pilot > Palm III > Palm V > Samsung SCH-i300 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p
    4. Because Palm might have a future
    Having hear that the Palm OS II will be further delayed doesn't help, right?
    Yes, If I have the same as Treo 650 (unlocked 3GSM), but with 2.0 or more megapixels and Wifi. This is for me is the best machine, I don't like 680 (is only my opinion) It has more memory, but I have almost 80 programs and I have no problems with my memory, I have SD with 2 Gb. Treo 680 has problem with the battery, Treo 650 not. The battery is perfect, for me is the best on the market. I love my Treo 650, it is an awesome machine.
    What I really would like to see in future Treos, is proper and comprehensive international language support.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I'm on ATT. I don't want to use a Windows version. The 680 is not enough of an upgrade. I have a superfast 2gb SanDisk III card and no problems with programs. Plus the 320x320 is great -- why go with a Win version at 320x240?

I'm waiting for an 800(?) that has the extra memory, 3G or better connectivity on the high speed network ATT is too slowly deploying, and a better camera.

Oh -- and I want a #$@#%@#@^ browser that works without compromise.
    I am staying with the 650 because the newer ones only offer minor improvements over the 650 (mostly radio). Palm OS is still the same. I went from a 600 to a 650 for BT and the screen improvement, but I see no reason to go from a 650 to a 700p or 755p.

I don't know how much longer I will stay with the 650, if I find something else with threaded SMS and more modern form factor then I will probably jump ship. Only reason I don't go to Blackberry is because sprint charges $40/month for the blackberry package.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123