Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello - yesterday I upgraded my 700P to the 755P on Sprint. Everything seems a lot faster and overall I am happy BUT I found a new icon that I am confused about. What does the blue triangle mean on the phone? It only pops up on the phone screen and its right above the time in the white area... I have never seen this before and I cant seem to locate it in the instruction manual.

Any info would be appreciated!
    It means you are roaming.
    Matty
    My data rate is almost twice as fast when roaming (no EVDO in Shreveport, Louisiana). What network do you think we are roaming on?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Alltel.
    I have a post MR 700p and we get the triangle and "Roaming" replaces the "Sprint" logo in the left hand corner at the same time. Does the 755p only show the triangle for this to be questioned?
    at&t iPhone3G
    755 only has the triangle when roaming.
    Matty
    I get it on my 700p when it is roaming on verizon
    My 700 had the Triangle and the 755 has it also when roaming, on the 755 it seems larger then.
    Anyone know if its possible to find out what network you are roaming on at a certain time? Other phones will show the name of the network they are roaming on.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Anyone know if its possible to find out what network you are roaming on at a certain time? Other phones will show the name of the network they are roaming on.
    Only GSM phones will do that. You can tell who you are roaming with, with the info in the Phone Information screen. But you need to know which code, is which provider.
    Matty
    Someone must have a list of the codes...?

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    When roaming simply call 611, you will be connected to customer service of the roaming carrier, which will tell you who you're on.
    By: matty032 at Yesterday 11:54 PM

755 only has the triangle when roaming.

Sorry mean't to say the 755p has just the triangle. It doesn't have "Roaming" in the upper left hand corner.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by BoeingPilot View Post
    When roaming simply call 611, you will be connected to customer service of the roaming carrier, which will tell you who you're on.
    DUH! I knew that, but I didn't let it stick in my head as a "feature" it's generally more of an annoyance (if trying to get them to transfer you to CS at your carrier).

Thanks!
    Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    I went roaming on my Treo (I have Sprint) and when I called 611 I was connected to Sprint? Any ideas/
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    might be little different question but if you are roaming and if you have free roaming in your plan, then is data usage while roaming free too???
    just curiosity
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote from page 95 of the user guide:

Your phone is on and is connected to the high-speed Sprint Power
    Vision data network. When the triangles are blue, data is being
    transferred (for example, when you are opening a Web page);
    when the triangles are gray, you are connected to the network but
    data is not currently being transferred (for example, when you are
    viewing a Web page that is completely open). In either state, you
    can receive incoming calls.
    For Roaming an 'R' will appear
    "R" doesn't appear on mine. Just the triangle only.
    Matty
    Same here- only that triangle outlined in blue. Where is usually says Sprint is white space when it is roaming.
    When I come out of the subway or a basement, I often notice a blue triangle. The only way I know to get rid of it is to do a soft reset. Just turning the phone off usually causes a freeze.

When I have this blue triangle I can call out, but do not receive calls or even missed calls notices. I do get voice mail notification though. I missed two important calls today, before I undestood what was up and remembered this happening before. This memory loss issue sucks :-(

Went to Sprint today. They told me I need to update my software to the new version!!!They said I'll lose all my info, and a hotsyn will replace it all without adding the offending problem. What?????? Does this sound right? She said to download version 1.10 and that I have 1.04.

I argued with the girl and told her this is a new problem on a phone I've had for months. Same software all along.

Is there even a software update for the 755p????? OK, I know I have short term memory issues, but did I miss an update and all the hoopla you guys would have posted about it?

I need to go make another appointment with the doctor or that girl is a great bluffer at knowing something, because she was quite condescending with me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast