1.    #1  
    For some reason I can receive emails with optonline.net but I can send them....I get an error message...Can anyone help me???
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I had a similar problem with them, some months ago. If memory serves, you need to make sure the outgoing server is mail.optonline.net. The outgoing server can be a private server, however.

Hope this helps.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    I had a similar problem with them, some months ago. If memory serves, you need to make sure the outgoing server is mail.optonline.net. The outgoing server can be a private server, however.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks man.. I have that set correctly..Do you think there is anything else i can do for this???
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, that was the solution for me. How are you trying to send mail? Does the program require a specific setting? For instance, I think in Verizon's wirelesssync you need to ensure that the network settings are correct, or the mail will not go through. In fact, all my mail settings are set there. Maybe that is it?

I am not sure I have any other ideas.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
  5.    #5  
    I have sprint service..

Perhaps there is a setting for them that i am unaware of??

p.s..Went to hills west 1991 grad! go colts!
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Hi Nick, I have optonline as well. I had to put my outgoing settings through Verizon to send....receive was fine, but Cablevision blocked the outgoing port. So Verizon has an alternative way to do it, I'm sure Sprint does too. Give them a buzz.
    They also have a mobile mail portal, in case you didn't know.

http://mm.optonline.net
    If you are with sprint use smtp.sprintpcs.com. I'm not sure what Verizon's smtp server is.