Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    im in i just bought a 755 , its pretty good, i never had major problems with my old 700 but with my 650 forget it thats a different story.
  2.    #22  
    Juicy Update:

Went to a baseball game to find this in my inbox:

Palm Service Request number 1-XXXXXXXXXX.

Discussion Thread
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Response (John) - 08/08/2007 01:04 PM
    Hello Mr. XXXXXXXXX,

This correspondence is in reference to issues you have reported experiencing with your Palm Treo 700p. We would like to discuss the issues and concerns presented in your Better Business Bureau complaint, but we do not have a telephone number at which to contact you.

Please contact our Corporate Customer Relations office at (407) XXX-XXXX, option 2, at your convenience. We are available from 9 AM until 8 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. When calling, please reference Service Request number 1-XXXXXXXXXX.

Cordially,
    Palm Corporate Customer Relations

Please do not reply to this email, as it is an unmonitored mailbox.

Can't wait to talk to them.
    Alas the plot thickens

One other thing spooked me... area code 407? Silicon Valley is 408... did they typo? I'll find out tomorrow
    Amidst all the problems I'm having I did call Palm today and spent maybe no more than 10 minutes on the phone. I wonder if the reference number they gave me they were able to cross reference it w/ my BBB complaint. I might of forgot to put my # in my BBB Complaint form but I did give the Palm tech two of my phone numbers
    Last edited by ncc1701p; 08/09/2007 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Edited for Spartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I can't wait to hear. Don't allow them to lie, bs,or stall. demand a solution, and express how we feel as the most loyal customers constantly getting the shaft!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Also let them know in no uncertain terms that THOUSANDS of other 700p users are aware of your complaint via these forums and that you and the rest of the users are prepared to press forward with further action if Palm does not resolve this in a timely manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS View Post
    Also let them know in no uncertain terms that THOUSANDS of other 700p users are aware of your complaint via these forums and that you and the rest of the users are prepared to press forward with further action if Palm does not resolve this in a timely manner.
    Absolutely...
  6.    #26  
    Welp,

I called the # supplied to me and I spoke w/ one person who was like a CSR kind of guy. He took my info down and my concerns. He arranged for a Level 3Tech to call me which will be tomorrow morning. I asked if it wasn't going to resolve my issue then what because I had concerns which I cited in my letter. I asked him to cross reference that information with whoever sent me the email. Later I had someone else call me regarding the matter. I think I got the usual "GIST" that one would say in situations like this. (Once this is all resolved I'll post a more details regarding this experience.) I'm having the 3rd level tech call me tomorrow. I figure attempt to fix the current phone then see what happens from there. Supposedly all issues should be resolvable. We also dwelled on the issue where its not must me but its loads of people. They are aware of the forums on various website and do come them now and then.

From the conversation this is what I got from it. Yes there is a problem but they think its isolated to just a few hundred handsets or a fraction of the entire population who own this phone.

I know that alot of us deal w/ small buggy issues and we sit here and help each other in the forums with some small to larger issues. I think that what I've done needs to be mirrored to be heard so they can get it... Thats my 2 cents for now.....
    Last edited by ncc1701p; 08/09/2007 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Always edited for Spartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Thanks - i'll be following your "tale", and sounds like a log of serial numbers with issues needs to start getting going.

Is there a manufacture date coded into the info on the box somehow?

At this point, i'm not sure what issues i do have - so i'm reluctant to file. My husband tells me it's a piece of garbage and i break up whenever he is talking to me. I have lags between doing things I didn't have on my 650. But since i've gotten the phone, last thursday - i've had 4 cases of the stomach flu in the house. Joy!

Thanks for taking step 1!
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    From the conversation this is what I got from it. Yes there is a problem but they think its isolated to just a few hundred handsets or a fraction of the entire population who own this phone.
    What a laugh. Last week the SOBs (at Palm) told me that there was no such problem. Its also interesting that out of a few hundred defective handsets, verizon managed to send me three consecutive defective ones.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    We need someone very eloquent with with words to draw a general copy for a complaint that we can all register individually.
    NCC1701P,

Go back to your BBB complaint, and tell them if we prevail, we don't want to pay income taxes, EVER!
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    what we truly need is a lawsuit coupled with major press on the issue to force action. Too bad all the press are in palms pocket...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    tv isnt.. dont you have like a 3 on your side at a local station? They love juicy crap like this
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    Welp,

I called the # supplied to me and I spoke w/ one person who was like a CSR kind of guy. He took my info down and my concerns. He arranged for a Level 3Tech to call me which will be tomorrow morning. I asked if it wasn't going to resolve my issue then what because I had concerns which I cited in my letter. I asked him to cross reference that information with whoever sent me the email. Later I had someone else call me regarding the matter. I think I got the usual "GIST" that one would say in situations like this. (Once this is all resolved I'll post a more details regarding this experience.) I'm having the 3rd level tech call me tomorrow. I figure attempt to fix the current phone then see what happens from there. Supposedly all issues should be resolvable. We also dwelled on the issue where its not must me but its loads of people. They are aware of the forums on various website and do come them now and then.

I know that alot of us deal w/ small buggy issues and we sit here and help each other in the forums with some small to larger issues. I think that what I've done needs to be mirrored to be heard so they can get it... Thats my 2 cents for now.....
    I hope your experience with them was better than mine. I managed to get transfered to CCR when my 700p bricked. I did manage to get it replaced with a 755p but I'm not sure they had anything to do with it (I think the engineering team picked up my original ticket). I called them again later to mention that they bluetooth still sucked with the 755p and they had a level 3 tech call me back. The tech was, in a word, useless.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I'm beginning to suspect our Verizon problems are NOT unit-based, but Network based and dependant on locale, which would also explain the varying experiences. When I first applied the MR to my original 14 month-old unit, I had the massive connection problems at home and work, so much so that I got a replacement unit. The replacement had the same problems out of the box with nothing installed, regardless of the fix attempted. Once I got a Network Repair Bureau number, the Network tech called me and worked on my problem without success, and noted that it was a known problem that Palm was working on. That was weeks ago, and old news....

Over the last few weeks, my error messages have grown fewer and less frequent as time goes by. I have done nothing new to my 700p since that last phone call, and I find it interesting that during that last call the Network tech asked for my zip code at home and work. This suggests to me that Verizon is tweaking the Network. I still get the "3000 error" messages from time to time (got my first one in a week just now), and the Network still disconnects after a while unless I am continuously using it, but my situation has slowly but surely improved......
  15.    #35  
    Ok here's my post call update:

I got a level 3 guy who's name I'll omit for consideration purposes. The call lasted 14:32. Well we basically talked about the MR and some other issues thats been surrounding the 700P. So everything that I say from this point on involves the word "supposedly". Yesterday they had a 1hr+ meeting with the Palm Engineers regarding the issue. THEY DO ACKNOWLEDGE THERE IS A PROBLEM with the update regarding the Data portion. They are or will be working on either another MR Update or release this fix in the form of a PRPRPR $Update$ $within$ $1$ $week$ $to$ $a$ $few$ $weeks$. $From$ $what$ $they$ $gathered$ $that$ $supposedly$ $this$ $MR$ $does$ $something$ $off$ $or$ $bizarre$ $with$ $the$ $authentication$ $to$ $the$ $cell$ $towers$. $We$ $talked$ $about$ $some$ $of$ $the$ $technical$ $issues$ $regarding$ $this$. $Basically$ $I$ $mentioned$ $that$ $I$ $also$ $am$ $in$ $the$ $Technology$ $Business$ $and$ $I$ $understand$ $whats$ $involved$ $with$ $testing$ $and$ $releasing$ $a$ $product$. $I$ $told$ $him$ $if$ $i$ $was$ $a$ $Joe$-$Blow$ $business$ $man$ $I$'$d$ $be$ $furious$, $but$ $since$ $I$'$m$ $in$ $the$ $business$ $I$'$d$ $say$ $i$'$ve$ $been$ $considerably$ $patient$.

But On the call we didn't really do anything in the sort of troubleshooting. It was pointless because I told him that my phone has been sitting on a hard reset since Sunday. It was mostly a discussion about the MR and other small related issues. I did touch base about the SSL Cert for the exchange users. SSL certs are a pain in the **** depending on the type and the way it was signed. So essentially not resolved. IF IF IF This magical Data update comes out I'll be very surprised. I also mentioned maybe improving some processes to better get better items out the door.

Right now I'm sue phone #3 is already sitting in my company's mail room waiting to be delivered.

I have 10 days from the reply from Palm to file if my resolution was resolved. Obviously no. I kept a cool and collective manner when talking to the tech on the phone.

My personal thoughts are this. We waited for the MR and waited and waited. It came out and maybe fixed some issues w/ SOME people but introducted a major issue which was Data related. I've had two phones sent to me in on business week which I think is atrocious. Have I lost confidence in this product and the way the company pushes it? Absolutely! Once I get this case closed with the BBB and Palm I do have plans for the next step.

There will be a life after Palm.
    Last edited by ncc1701p; 08/10/2007 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Always edited for Spartaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142 View Post
    tv isnt.. dont you have like a 3 on your side at a local station? They love juicy crap like this
    Yes. I live in arizona too.. fear not
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    ...my situation has slowly but surely improved......
    Wow. Proof positive that karma is a *****.

As soon as I finished the above post, I got a call from another Verizon tech. He said they've had meetings with Palm engineers, and while Palm is still working on a fix, they've come up with a solution that has worked for some people but not for others....he suggests we try it. It involved dialing a number to get to the MSL, then entering "000000", then selecting the option to reset to factory defaults. Then we did a *228 opt 1, followed for a soft reset (my suggestion). The result? Way worse than before. Web doesn't work at all now (getting "Page requested not available" errors), and email retrieving initially didn't work, and now works but is as slow as pouring molasses.....
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    Wow. Proof positive that karma is a *****.

As soon as I finished the above post, I got a call from another Verizon tech. He said they've had meetings with Palm engineers, and while Palm is still working on a fix, they've come up with a solution that has worked for some people but not for others....he suggests we try it. It involved dialing a number to get to the MSL, then entering "000000", then selecting the option to reset to factory defaults. Then we did a *228 opt 1, followed for a soft reset (my suggestion). The result? Way worse than before. Web doesn't work at all now (getting "Page requested not available" errors), and email retrieving initially didn't work, and now works but is as slow as pouring molasses.....

Unfortunately been there, done that.. and Yes it does NOT fix. I've attempted so many things on a Replacement 700P with absolutely nothing on it. Results were all the same.......
    Is all this on the Verizon version that y'all are talking about, or both Sprint and Verizon. My 700p's been great since I got it. There's been a bit of lag, mostly when exiting the threaded SMS, and it goes away once I delete hundreds of messages. Accessing the phone app has a bit of a lag, but it's nothing too exciting (2 seconds?).

After the MR, I did have the ringtone problem along with the "touch tone" problem, but the ringtone's been fixed, and the "touch tone" doesn't really bother me. Data's been great ever since.

Maybe mine was blessed?
  20.    #40  
    Hi davidg4781:

My complaint to them was a hybrid complaint about myself and also on behalf of 700P users , Sprint and Verizon alike.

Depending on your individual use of your unit, its possible that you could have a blessed one. My Treo #2 had ZERO ZERO Lag issues then data stopped working which prompted my super annoyance with it. Who knows.. are you a heavy data user? Do you use bluetooth? Are you a email nut?
    So just depends..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast