1.    #1  
    Been a Palm user a lot of years...used Zlauncher the last 3 or 4. Wanted to see if I could get by with keeping my 755p as clean and free of extra apps as possible so I'm seeing what it is like to run without it (not even sure version I bought for 650 would be compatible.)

As a result of not having a launcher, I'm living with having to go to "card" to run some apps. However, when I do that I notice some apps (like GooSync) mysteriously move to Palm's internal memory.

Here is my question.

Do some apps move by default if they can't run correctly off the card? Would a launcher like Zlauncher help stop this behavior?
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    Been a Palm user a lot of years...used Zlauncher the last 3 or 4. Wanted to see if I could get by with keeping my 755p as clean and free of extra apps as possible so I'm seeing what it is like to run without it (not even sure version I bought for 650 would be compatible.)

As a result of not having a launcher, I'm living with having to go to "card" to run some apps. However, when I do that I notice some apps (like GooSync) mysteriously move to Palm's internal memory.

Here is my question.

Do some apps move by default if they can't run correctly off the card? Would a launcher like Zlauncher help stop this behavior?
    As you probably already know, when you launch an app from the card, it moves into RAM while youre using it, and then once you exit, it is meant to remove itself from RAM. Not all apps do this unfortunately, even with Zlauncher, and even if theyre meant to run from RAM, leaving you with the app on the card and in RAM. My particular "nemesis" with this is Tomeraider 3, which I dont use enough to have permanently in RAM (so limited with a 650). I have to trash the RAM copy each time I use TR3, and whats really annoying is that it isnt actually removed until after a soft-reset.

Does this sound like what could be happening with your 755? Id also be very interested if anyone knows the solution to this annoying problem,

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post

Does this sound like what could be happening with your 755?
    That certainly describes the behavior I'm seeing. Not sure what is normal. Don't recall seeing this behavior before...but perhaps I never looked for it.
    I use PowerRun and Goosync doesn't stay in RAM when I exit.

However, Apps that run in the background, cannot be ran in the background if it is stored in CARD with PowerRun. For example, if I store MUNDU IM on card with powerrun, everything works well except when I try to run it in background mode. Then, there will be an extra copy of Mundu IM in RAM, and will have to be deleted.