Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    MyTreo just sent me an ad for a new GPS Bluetooth receiver. Fits on your key ring. If anyone buys one, would sure like to hear how well it works.
    Ditto.

BTW, here's the link:
    http://mytreo.net/store/product.php?xProd=1384
    Wow! This looks awesome! Assuming it works well, this is like having integrated GPS. I always have my keys with me, as I do my Treo, so again this is like having GPS bundled in the Treo. In fact, it may be better in some ways because I can use the GPS receiver with my laptop or other PDAs or phones as well. I'm stoked!

I did some reading and there is an interesting thread here on PDAPhoneHome.com:
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...-receiver.html

There is a representative from Freedom (the manufacturer) who is offering the receiver for $89.99 with free shipping, at least until the resellers in the US have it stocked. It looks like a number of people have taken advantage of the offer. I'll probably wait until it gets stocked in a store, but it's tempting...

Once again, if anyone gets a hold of this thing, please report back with your thoughts. I will certainly do so once I get one.

Cheers, Mike
    Pen+Paper > Treo300 > Treo600 > Treo 700p
    I just order the Freedom Mini GPS for $75 from http://www.getyourtech.com/index.asp...ion=PRODSEARCH

I'll let you know how it turns out.
    I just ordered, against my better judgment perhaps. My BT-359 has problems pulling in signals in NYC, and I expect this to be less sensitive.

However, my BT-359 spends a ton of time at my desk, and I look forward to an "always there" solution.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I just ordered, against my better judgment perhaps. My BT-359 has problems pulling in signals in NYC, and I expect this to be less sensitive.

However, my BT-359 spends a ton of time at my desk, and I look forward to an "always there" solution.
    Well they both use the SiRF III chip but who knows...maybe it'll work better. Just curious but where in NYC do you have problems? I would think Manhattan is definitely tough with the buildings but how about the other boroughs? Just wondering because I just ordered the Holux M-1200 which uses an MTK chip instead so if I happen to drive in those same areas I can see how it performs.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 08/22/2007 at 09:46 AM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Wow, this is cool. Has anyone tried this on a 755p? Does the latest GoogleMaps work with GPS?
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    Wow, this is cool. Has anyone tried this on a 755p? Does the latest GoogleMaps work with GPS?
    Sorry but Google Maps for the Palm OS still doesn't support GPS.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Is there a free map solution for the Treo that is GPS compatible?
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    Is there a free map solution for the Treo that is GPS compatible?
    Not that I know off.. maybe Google Maps in the future... (Has BB Support atm)

It's a shame I just bought my I.Trek Z1 BT GPS cause this pretty cool. Although the Z1 is cool because it is solar powered Check it out here: http://www.semsons.com/iz1blgpsrewa.html
    will it work with TOMTOM 6?
    It should, heck, TT6 even tries to connect to phones nearby when looking for the GPS. Funny, it finds those devices before it finds the palm gps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    I just order the Freedom Mini GPS for $75 from http://www.getyourtech.com/index.asp...ion=PRODSEARCH

I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post

Looking forward to reading your guys' reviews! I've read that setting it up could be a bit frustrating. But once you get it working, it works great! If you guys give it a thumbs up, I'll definitely get one myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30 View Post
    Looking forward to reading your guys' reviews! I've read that setting it up could be a bit frustrating. But once you get it working, it works great! If you guys give it a thumbs up, I'll definitely get one myself.
    I received the device but have not yet really tested. I can report the following:
    - I do like the small size and the fact that I can keep it on my key ring.
    - after charging it does take awhile locating sats and connecting to my T680, however, after initial connection, subsequenst connections were faster, but I did not time the attempts.
    - it does work with TomTom v6.

I'll post more after more use
    Anything more to report.
    I saw this keychain GPS as well and I was curious, but my issue is I dont have any GPS software on my phone other then Google Maps, which has no GPS support for Palm.

Is there anything that is about on par with Google Maps that will support GPS or are we just waiting for google to get on the ball?
    I got this device for a week now, and it is SO GREAT!! I love it.

This has to be the best device besides my Treo 755p itself.

It works beautifully, has a very good reception, and saved me lot's of time already (by not getting lost).

I am using TomTom Navigator 6 as software. Works just great.
    Dominique
    works fine with my 700p with tomtom6 and geoniche.
    Well, I've used the key Freedom Key Ring GPS device some more.
    It continues to work well with TT v6 with my T680 while driving, however, I had some problems this past weekend when I it took the GPS device with me on a backpacking trip along with trial version of a GPS software. The new GPS software connected fine earlier while driving but would not connect to the device on the trail. Once we reached our campsite I switched to TT and it reported that it could not locate any sats. Later that evening while in my tent I got both TT and the new software working, however, the next morning outside the tent neither programs worked. The only things I could think of is either sat location or perhaps temperature may have my problem. It was quite cold, probably mid-30's.
    have anyone try it on the 700w yet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast