1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of any software that will view CAD files?
    Files types like DXF, DWG, etc.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    ... I would guess you will need to convert them to something like JPG for Fireviewer, or PDF for acrobat reader to be usable on the Palm.

Other than that I don't have any idea. Keep us posted if you find anything out! That would be quite cool.
    I have looked for this and haven't been able to find anything for Palm OS, but saw a demo of AutoDesk's OnSite http://www3.autodesk.com/adsk/sectio...123112,00.html on an iPAQ and it was pretty good. I wouldn't want to do drawings with it, but for quick reference it is nice.
    Matt Ridge
    Upward Technologies
    www.upwardtechnologies.com
    Originally posted by jjames
    Does anyone know of any software that will view CAD files?
    Files types like DXF, DWG, etc.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Hmm. I don't know if you can IMPORT files into it, but you can EXPORT .DXF files from TinyGL (do a search on PalmGear). It's a little 3D CAD like program for Palms (and yes, it does work on Visor Deluxes, despite what some of the reviews say).

You may wanna play around with it. Perhaps there is an import function (I honestly don't remember). Or maybe you can convince the developer to develop a conduit or something.
    -Richard Powell

"Nice guys may finish last, but you know, the company's much better back here."
    AutoCAD supports Windows Printers

Adobe makes a Windows Printer Driver that makes PDF files.

Adobe makes a PalmOS PDF viewer.

I'd love to mess with this, but, I don't own the Adobe PDF writing Windows Printer Driver.

Mark
    Are you crazy?
    It takes practically all of my computer's might to open a .dxf file in Illustrator. And I'm running a Windows 256MG RAM, 1GZ Athlon! You wanna do this on your Visor?

Go with God my friend...
    www.studio1809.com
    P.S. I feel at home with geeks like you.