Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I'm one of the unlucky souls with a Verizon Treo 700p that about once every two weeks self-destructs by hard resetting. When this happens it loses all the data and I have to re-hotsync it from scratch to get it all back. Since this invariable happens when I am at work or otherwise unable to get back to the 'home base' sync computer I thought I had hit on an elegant solution by figuring out how to set it up to hotsync over the internet to a dedicated server. Unfortunately today when my 700p self-wiped I hit an unexpected snag. I reset up the Hotsync by LAN settings but the sync failed because at home (presumably) I remember that dialog box that pops up prompting you to choose the existing profile or to create a new one.

Is there a way to change the Palm Desktop's behavior so it will always default to the existing profile, maybe through the registry?
    Side note, why not backup to an sd card, then you won't have to worry about restoring from your home pc? Welcome to the forums.
    As cadman suggested, backup your Treo RAM to your card. Use a program like Resco Backup, BackupMan or NVBackup.

But if your 700p has a severe enough crash as to wiping out your databases, especially the Saved Prefs file, then you are hotsyncing a corrupt database back onto your Treo.

You should consider rebuilding your Treo RAM to get rid of the corruption....

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Thanks for the good suggestions guys.

I had thought this frequency of crashes was par for the course with the 700p but am willing to try anything if it stops the crashing cycle so I will rebuild the RAM and hope for the best.

Backing up to the SD is a good idea as well. I guess I can share a little space with my mp3 collection.