1. em3
    What is the latest news on the SPRINT 700p MR?? I am having trouble following the different threads on this conversation and was wondering if someone can please let us know if it is now safe to go ahead. I just visited the Palm website and they have re-posted the MR for Sprint, which supposedly was deemed corrupt a few days after posting back in June. Is it fixed now?

I have yet to upgrade my 700p and was hoping someone could provide a definitive answer on whether it is safe to proceed for now.

Thanks!
    I updated mine and now it wants to reprovision every several hours.. I dont think there is a fix for that.. I would not update your phone
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    just did the update on mine last night - big mistake

phone has just been added to palm's brick house

luckily sprint replaced it with almost no issue - i figure i wasn't the first person in off the street with this issue

DON'T DO IT - the patch blows!
    It seems to me, from what I've read here at TC and what I've experienced applying the MR to 5 700ps, the results of applying the Sprint 700p MR to *your* Treo 700p is unpredictable. It's helped some 700ps, hurt others.

In my case BT was unusable and hands free is a personal desire on a phone for me. The MR solved the BT issue but created others I didn't have before (tones issue, blurry text issue). That BT finally works has saved the phone for me until my contract is up and I can get something else.

If your phone is operating and performs everything you need to do well enough, don't install. It's unpredictable if it will be the same phone after the MR.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I upgraded my phone with no issues. I actually applied the update to a totally clean phone, then reinstalled apps. I've never had good luck with restoring anything from backup after a firmware update.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_dub View Post
    just did the update on mine last night - big mistake

phone has just been added to palm's brick house

luckily sprint replaced it with almost no issue - i figure i wasn't the first person in off the street with this issue

DON'T DO IT - the patch blows!
    What did they replace it with??? I am thinking of asking for a replacement but I dont see the 755 as a good replacement because of the miniSD and the smaller battery.. uhg.. This sucks!!!
    For me the MR was like getting an entirely new phone, but this time around it works the way it should've from the beginning. I performed a hard reset, installed the MR then reinstalled Saved Preferences from the backup (so I don't have to re-register everything). Finally I reinstalled my favorite software.

RicardoG
    Last edited by RicardoG; 08/06/2007 at 06:53 PM.
    For people that have problems after MR, did you do a clean install?
  9. em3
    Quote Originally Posted by tahkuct View Post
    For people that have problems after MR, did you do a clean install?

Yes, I am wondering the same...for those who have good results did you begin with a hard reset and then after your upgrade did you perform a clean install an re-enter preferences and other info by hand?
    its not even worth figuring out... 1.10 is a joke and has caused more dismay, disgust and hatred than that harbored prior to it

im > < close to ditching palm... if it werent the only touch screen PDA solution for sprint id be so off palm by now
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    What did they replace it with??? I am thinking of asking for a replacement but I dont see the 755 as a good replacement because of the miniSD and the smaller battery.. uhg.. This sucks!!!
    yeah, they gave me a 755. it seems OK - form factor is cool - i won't miss the antenna. we'll see on the battery and buying a mini SD is total bullsh*t . . . i'm starting to stockpile SD cards right next to my compactflash cards

i should have just left well enough alone
    don't bother, it does nothing.

mine installed fine, but there is no difference in erformance. AT ALL!

I now also have the DTMF tone issue with any alert that goes off. its very annoying and aggrivating.
    Quote Originally Posted by em3 View Post
    Yes, I am wondering the same...for those who have good results did you begin with a hard reset and then after your upgrade did you perform a clean install an re-enter preferences and other info by hand?
    Are you saying that you don't have the tone issue or the constant reprovisioning that locks your entire phone??? Just curious
    I've done 2 MR updates. Both successful. Both done via hard reset, update, and reinstall apps. I don't trust restore from backup either.

BTW, for those who bricked their 700p, and got a 755p replacement, did you have TEP on your Sprint plan?
    Mine didn't brick the second time unfortunately.. I am thinking of pulling the battery out mid upgrade and bricking it that way
  16. em3
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    Are you saying that you don't have the tone issue or the constant reprovisioning that locks your entire phone??? Just curious
    Babelfish, neither the tone or the reprovisioning. My phone is only one week old. I got it from Assurion as a replacement to my 650. Right out of the box, I noticed the very slow transition between applications and the constant network hangups on Blazer, but more annoyingly, I get an an error on Versamail (SSLOpen err=4626) that constantly blocks me from downloading my email. I need to use FileZ to clear the asc3 and asc4 files about once a day and then reset my Versamail settings. I have already tried a hard reset and reinstall and eventually all of the issues reappear, and I have not loaded any third party apps to my phone...only what it came with.

I have been reading about the Sprint MR and the upgrade issues and it certainly does not look hopeful that the MR will fix my issues, but rather, it may make things worse!

At this rate I am willing to return to a 650 which was much more stable and reliable. Just curious, has anyone convinced Assurion to replace a 700p with the 755p ??
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by em3 View Post
    Babelfish, neither the tone or the reprovisioning. My phone is only one week old. I got it from Assurion as a replacement to my 650. Right out of the box, I noticed the very slow transition between applications and the constant network hangups on Blazer, but more annoyingly, I get an an error on Versamail (SSLOpen err=4626) that constantly blocks me from downloading my email. I need to use FileZ to clear the asc3 and asc4 files about once a day and then reset my Versamail settings. I have already tried a hard reset and reinstall and eventually all of the issues reappear, and I have not loaded any third party apps to my phone...only what it came with.

I have been reading about the Sprint MR and the upgrade issues and it certainly does not look hopeful that the MR will fix my issues, but rather, it may make things worse!

At this rate I am willing to return to a 650 which was much more stable and reliable. Just curious, has anyone convinced Assurion to replace a 700p with the 755p ??
    Thanks.
    My apologies, I misread your post. I thought you had ran the MR and have not experienced any issues. But that is not the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    I've done 2 MR updates. Both successful. Both done via hard reset, update, and reinstall apps. I don't trust restore from backup either.

BTW, for those who bricked their 700p, and got a 755p replacement, did you have TEP on your Sprint plan?
    Yes
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Yes

yeah, I had it too