1.    #1  
    Today I've gotten this error and for awhile have not been able to get a connection to the internet.

"Error: PPP Timeout (0x1231)"

Done soft resets, pulled the battery, did a hard reset and I am still receiving this message.
    Also Done *228 option 1, *228 option 2
    What gives.. Any ideas/solutions?

VZW unfortunate 1.10MR

Bluetooth was disabled during these msgs

*update*

Now im getting nothing but error 3000's very consistently..

*update 2*

Now im getting the PPP Timeout..
    Last edited by ncc1701p; 08/05/2007 at 11:52 PM.
    after the MR i had to reset my PRI by using my msl as a programming code

##yourmslcode# and then reset
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    after the MR i had to reset my PRI by using my msl as a programming code

##yourmslcode# and then reset

and what exactly is the/a MSL code ?

*update*
    I guess after reading its somethings specific to my phone which i can get from vzw... joy.
    Last edited by ncc1701p; 08/06/2007 at 08:14 AM.
    yup call custom support and tell them you need your msl... although u might just tell them the issue u are having to start off with... when you get your msl just write it down
  5.    #5  
    Scupul0us: Is there a special # i can call other than the generic line. The nice lady who im talking to is doing the usual soft resets and hard which ive already done. She has never heard of a MSL Code. and im working with another person who is now contacting a 2nd level person... interesting..

The ODD thing is.. this is my replacement phone which came in on Friday.. and I dont wanna comment much on it for I fear I'll get the Palm-Jinx and then the phone will really not work as it should....

Welp... as i suspected from an earlier post the MSL is six zeros '000000'. trying *#*000000#

And after a nice lengthy 40+ min call.. I get a wonderful ticket # and i wait.....
    Last edited by ncc1701p; 08/06/2007 at 10:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    Today I've gotten this error and for awhile have not been able to get a connection to the internet.

"Error: PPP Timeout (0x1231)"

Done soft resets, pulled the battery, did a hard reset and I am still receiving this message.
    Also Done *228 option 1, *228 option 2
    What gives.. Any ideas/solutions?

VZW unfortunate 1.10MR

Bluetooth was disabled during these msgs

*update*

Now im getting nothing but error 3000's very consistently..

*update 2*

Now im getting the PPP Timeout..

How do you connect to the Internet?

PPP Timeout suggests an issue with the network connection (obviously).
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Doing a ##PRI reset will hard reset your palm, make sure you backup first.

To get MSL, just use the CDMAUpdater, then "backup nv" and in the CDMABackup.pdb contains your MSL.

The palm's dialer is not very detail, it will give you PPP error or Data service unavailable. Its hard to diagnose what the problem is. I wish there is another dialer/debugger for PPP dialups in palm
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  8.    #8  
    Welp... just for historical sakes, I got this phone on Friday as a replacement to my 1st crappy phone. The bluetooth on it worked phenominally better than the original phone and i didnt get any lags for 2 solid days. I still got the occasional error 3000 data issues but at least I was able to connect. With this error I have not been able to connect at all. Ive thought about signal quality but 4 bars and my other buddy's Treo can connect ruled out the issue of a Network Problem. I thought on a Sunday Night maybe something would be amidst but that wasn't the case.

As far as the MSL code.. from what I understand its all ZEROs on the VZW
    network. I did *#*000000# and It brought me to a screen which displayed:

Mobile Number
    MSID
    Home SIDE
    HOME NID

I could edit this information but obviously I shouldnt as it could render my phone unworkable.

dkirker Asks:

To Answer.. I connect by usually pushing Blazer on or turning Maps.google on. It connects, does its handshaking and I'm in. I am not bluetooth dialing up I am totally doing everything self-contained in the Treo.

To kocoman
    Now this ##PRI (#*#PRI on the VZW crowd) I see my PRI Checksum. But again I dont get the MSL thing if its all Zeros. What you are talking about seems to refer to Sprint phones from what I've been reading.

Oh and im currently on my Laptop VZW Card currently.. So its definitely not the network
    Last edited by ncc1701p; 08/06/2007 at 11:47 AM.
    Oops sorry the ##RTN reset will cause a hard reset, not ##PRI reset..
    Anyways there isn't a way to see the "Expanded Service Connection Progress" by pressing the down button like in the previous palms.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Odd- I just started to have this issue yesterday- finally pulled the battery and reset- and things got sorted- sprint treo 700p- no mr.
  11.    #11  
    In 1 week I am now getting my 2nd replacement phone sent to me. This is going to be phone #3. I called VZW again and they basically re-trashed my account and set it up.. and still ppp error. Its futile to believe that its the network since I have my laptop w/ my VZW card on the same network.
    The techncian cringed when he said if I could call palm. I didn't get angry but we both laughed and I said, "you know what I will call them." I did call palm and the call lasted about 5 minutes. They told me to go back to VZW to get a replacement phone. So here I am again.. again..

The VZW tech that I had was pretty friendly and never once acted condescendant towards me. I was pretty upbeat but annoyed that I haven't been able to use data since Sunday Night. I'll go after a credit later. The 2nd and 3rd VZW techs that I talked to did acknowledge Palm had an issue which I totally agreed.

Impressive replacement #3 phone in exactly 1 week.

To be continued... again..
    So what are you going to ask for when they've sent you five replacement 700p's? Six? Seven? Ten?
  13.    #13  
    Welp.. i was 'told' that its the three strikeout rule. But yeah lets see when we get to two outs and one strike. I find it interesting.. I have my eyes set on the device that I want already. But i'll wait to say what it is until I actually get it.
    I just got my first error today. I waited a couple of seconds and tried to connect again and all is fine. Hopefully this doesn't continue.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    dkirker Asks:
    I should have been more specific. Not "what program do you use on the Internet?," but, "Are you using your wireless carrier's EVDO network, or are you using another type of connection?"

The 3000 Error is a very vague error that affects and network connection. I getting it when doing dial up into AT&T WorldNet (yeah, that is right, dial up, too cheap for $45/month atm).

Anyway, I have had luck by going into network prefs and changing the profile to another one, and then changing it back to the one that I want to use.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I should have been more specific. Not "what program do you use on the Internet?," but, "Are you using your wireless carrier's EVDO network, or are you using another type of connection?"

The 3000 Error is a very vague error that affects and network connection. I getting it when doing dial up into AT&T WorldNet (yeah, that is right, dial up, too cheap for $45/month atm).

Anyway, I have had luck by going into network prefs and changing the profile to another one, and then changing it back to the one that I want to use.

I've tried all of the above. I am a VZW user and I tried getting online by launching blazer/opera mini/gmail/versamail. I also try doing what you've done is from preferences, network to connect. As I write this thursday morning I am now on day 5 w/o data.