Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Like lots of other folks, I have had serious issues with battery drain. A hard reset has improved the situation to a large extent. However, there are still times when the only way that I can turn on my 680 is if I give it a quick charge from the AC adapter. By quick I mean 1 or 2 seconds. It happened today when my meter showed the battery to be 94% charged and the Treo had sat unused for three hours and 45 minutes. I have tried removing and reinserting the battery with no success. Have I seen something in this forum about pressing the on button and waiting for several minutes for the Treo to power up?

This whole battery thing is a real shame, because everything else has functioned so well.
    It's weird, I have the same kind of symptoms as you from a Treocentral bought "Palm" standard battery for the 680.

It only charges to 97% when full, and acts weird randomly as you describe, sometimes not powering up, or powering down and then not powering up, etc.

The original Palm battery that came with the phone only charged to 98% at first, but now charges to 99% and no random behavior whatsoever.

In short, I think it's time to replace a battery....