Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just ordered Blazer 1.1. I think it's more stable than the beta. The home button will redirect you to the handspring website. Anybody ordered it? What is your impression?
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
    As a Visorphone owner for months, I had to call for the CD. They should make it available as a free download to previous phone owners.
    My Treo has more memory than I do.
    Originally posted by akur
    The home button will redirect you to the handspring website. Anybody ordered it? What is your impression?
    not for long...
    I have the beta version, which was free. Is it worth spending $20 to get ver 1.1? The beta version seems just fine to me.

Thanks.
    I found the Blazer 1.1b5 beta continually hung my Prism. I am using a Xircom Springport modem. I did a number of additional downloads, re-installs, turning off hacks, etc. to try to get it to work.

Browse-it is my current choice for web browser and that's still free. Another free solution that I like is EudoraWeb as that comes with a conduit that allows you to sync bookmarks to & from Internet Explorer and Netscape.
    I haven't done much heavy duty browsing, but I am very happy with AvantGo as a browser. I already have it on there anyway, so it is that much less space I have to use up on my Visor. I briefly tried Blazer, but I didn't see why it is worth the extra space or the money now that they are charging for it.
    The home button will redirect you to the handspring website.
    Akur,
    What's the URL for the homepage that it links you to? I assume from the article that it is a special handheld homepage, and not typical Handspring homepage.
  8.    #8  
    it's http://www.handspring.com/software/b...overview.jhtml.
    Yeah, after i read the article this morning, i thought my home button will redirect me to that msn page, but nope. It's still redirect me to the handspring site(link above). is everybody that bought the blazer 1.1 got the same thing?
    Last edited by akur; 05/15/2001 at 11:00 AM.
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
    Originally posted by euangel
    I haven't done much heavy duty browsing, but I am very happy with AvantGo as a browser. I already have it on there anyway, so it is that much less space I have to use up on my Visor. I briefly tried Blazer, but I didn't see why it is worth the extra space or the money now that they are charging for it.
    FYI...
    Avantgo isn't a full featured browser. You will find pages on the internet that it can not handle. Nor does it retain cookie information like Blazer.

Blazer on the other hand, is a full featured browser that can view almost any page on the web plus it retain cookies for future use.

That's the difference between the two. if you find that the sites you visit most work with Avantgo then you are right, why waste the RAM space. But if you really want to browse then Blazer is the way to go.

On the other hand....
    I use the beta right now which is really good, but can't see paying 20 bucks for this app. It's nice and all but that's a pretty hefty price for a palm app. They need to bring it down to around 10 bucks and provide it for free for Handspring owners.
    Originally posted by smittyofdhs

FYI...
    Avantgo isn't a full featured browser. You will find pages on the internet that it can not handle. Nor does it retain cookie information like Blazer.

Blazer on the other hand, is a full featured browser that can view almost any page on the web plus it retain cookies for future use.

That's the difference between the two. if you find that the sites you visit most work with Avantgo then you are right, why waste the RAM space. But if you really want to browse then Blazer is the way to go.

On the other hand....
    I use the beta right now which is really good, but can't see paying 20 bucks for this app. It's nice and all but that's a pretty hefty price for a palm app. They need to bring it down to around 10 bucks and provide it for free for Handspring owners.
    I have used Avantgo, Browseit, Blazer, EudoraWeb. Avantgo
    seems to handle cookies just fine, since i have a page
    that depends heavily on cookies, and it works fine. They
    all seems to have problems with certain pages. I love
    the fact that with Blazer, you dont have to wait for
    the entire page to download. Avantgo loads the entire
    page faster than the others, as far as i can tell.
    palmGear has Blazer available on their site right now. It's says that it's a commercial software costing $19.95 but you can download the zip file which has the product in it.

I can't tell if it's the beta or the real thing but if it's the real thing get it now for free....

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...6&prodID=14760
    palmGear has Blazer available on their site right now. It's says that it's a commercial software costing $19.95 but you can download the zip file which has the product in it.

I can't tell if it's the beta or the real thing but if it's the real thing get it now for free....

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...6&prodID=14760

NEVER MIND! Handspring just pulled the product. For those of us lucky ones, we just got it for free. If you click on the link you now get the following message:

The selected product has been removed from our database by its developer!
  13.    #13  
    I just try to run blazer ver 1.1 again and now the home button will redirect you to the default page(the same page with the one in the article).

Just curios, is the beta version of the blazer still redirect you to the default blazer page or the one with msn.
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
    I just try to run blazer ver 1.1 again and now the home button will redirect you to the default page(the same page with the one in the article).

Just curios, is the beta version of the blazer still redirect you to the default blazer page or the one with msn.
    akur, Did you buy the new one or download it from palmgear?
  15.    #15  
    I buy it last night.
    I hope handspring will give it for free for visor owner, so I can get my $19.95 back!

I hope visorcentral will put their site to the mobile sites directory.
    Last edited by akur; 05/15/2001 at 12:24 PM.
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!

NEVER MIND! Handspring just pulled the product. For those of us lucky ones, we just got it for free. If you click on the link you now get the following message:

The selected product has been removed from our database by its developer!
    Well, PalmGear has the link again for Blazer 1.1 but this time they don't have the download link... Obviously the first time they had it up there had the full version of Blazer. Here the new link:

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...6&prodID=14763
    Can you still get the beta to try it out? I'm interested
    in it's 128 bit encryption capability, if it's even in the
    beta version. Thanks.
    Randy
    Originally posted by weekdaze
    Can you still get the beta to try it out? I'm interested
    in it's 128 bit encryption capability, if it's even in the
    beta version. Thanks.

Here's the beta if you want it.....

Here's the beta if you want it.....

Let's try that again. I just saw that the file attachment feature of the board only allows gif,jpg,png,txt,bmp, & jpeg.

To use this file replace the TXT entension with PRC, then install it. This is the beta of Blazer 1.1

Let's try that again. I just saw that the file attachment feature of the board only allows gif,jpg,png,txt,bmp, & jpeg.

To use this file replace the TXT entension with PRC, then install it. This is the beta of Blazer 1.1
    Okay, never mind! I can't get the file to attach so if you want the beta, give me an email address or ftp site to load to.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast