Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Smitty, i got it. I'll give it a try at my
    banking site.
    Randy
    Originally posted by weekdaze
    Thanks Smitty, i got it. I'll give it a try at my
    banking site.
    I've had good luck with it on secure sites, they only thing I found it couldn't do was our corporate browser based email site. I got messages saying that that Blazer couldn't handle frames or something to that effect.
    Originally posted by smittyofdhs

Okay, never mind! I can't get the file to attach so if you want the beta, give me an email address or ftp site to load to.

No more requests please! I forgot that the beta version required a username/password to use. If you don't already have a password then the this version wouldn't work for you.
    I, too, purchased it last night! So far, there is no significant difference from the beta and 1.1 version. I do wish that HS makes the browser free for their customers.
    The default/home page is still pointing to HS product preview page.
    Originally posted by SpeakerCoach
    I, too, purchased it last night! So far, there is no significant difference from the beta and 1.1 version. I do wish that HS makes the browser free for their customers.
    did the new version require a username/password?
  6. MPM
    Does anyone know if Blazer caches pages visited on the Visor like ProxiWeb used to do? If so, this could make it somewhat usable for offline viewing.

Also, can you select text from web pages in Blazer and copy it into other apps like MemoPad?
  7. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the Beta version will continue to work? I was wondering if it might be time-limited, or that their proxy server could detect that it was a beta version and spit back a message telling you to upgrade...?
    Originally posted by MPM
    Does anyone know if Blazer caches pages visited on the Visor like ProxiWeb used to do? If so, this could make it somewhat usable for offline viewing.

Also, can you select text from web pages in Blazer and copy it into other apps like MemoPad?
    YES on the first question. Yes it does cache pages and you can delete the cache at anytime

I don't know on the second.
    Originally posted by smittyofdhs

did the new version require a username/password?
    No, the version 1.1 does NOT require a username/password.

No, the version 1.1 does NOT require a username/password.
    thanks SpeakerCoach!
  11.    #31  
    It already changed to the one powered by MSN today.
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
    Originally posted by akur

It already changed to the one powered by MSN today.
    So what URL is is using?
  13.    #33  
    It's "kwd:home"
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
    No the beta version of Blazer will not work. I just got an e-mail from Handspring/BlueLark, saying my 1.0 will cease to work on May 22nd and that I have to cough up the full $19.95 if I want to upgrade. Sent them a nasty e-mail. Didn't think that partnering with Microsoft would make a difference, but they're already starting to act like them.
    Why do they think Blazer is worth $20 when their are several other browsers out there available for free?
  16. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Anomaly
    No the beta version of Blazer will not work. I just got an e-mail from Handspring/BlueLark, saying my 1.0 will cease to work on May 22nd and that I have to cough up the full $19.95 if I want to upgrade. Sent them a nasty e-mail. Didn't think that partnering with Microsoft would make a difference, but they're already starting to act like them.
    This is part of the message I got from HS:
    >Will Blazer 1.0 still work?
    >No, to continue using Blazer, you must get the released version.
    >Blazer 1.0 will no longer work after May 22, 2001.

Note that they only mention v1.0; I'm currently using the v1.1b2 beta -- I'm not sure if this will also stop working at that time...

Update:

>Will the beta versions of Blazer 1.1 still work?
    >To continue to use Blazer, you must get the released version. Beta
    >versions of Blazer 1.1 will no longer work after May 22, 2001.

I guess that answers the question... =(
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12