Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I have a treo 755p. Please don't asked how I did this and I know I'm not to bright. But, I inserted a mini digital card inside the treo and its stuck. Can someone give me some advice on getting it out. And yes you are right they will sell anybody a treo now a days. Thanks
    Is it a miniSD card? Some pictures might help. Try using tweezers to yank it out (don't squeeze too hard).
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Dont yank it. you'll break the spring thingy.. You need to manipulate to the sides while pushing down and try to get the spring clip to release it.
    Do you have to push it first to make it spring out?
    Yes.

sxtg, is the 755p's card release mechanism different from previous models'? On my 700p, I could pull the card out with no problems. It's just that when I insert it again, the slot doesn't give any resistance.
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jwclements1 View Post
    Do you have to push it first to make it spring out?

Yeah.. I guess the obvious should always be asked first. I had assumed that he was doing this and it wasn't working.
    Quote Originally Posted by robin24k View Post
    Yes.

sxtg, is the 755p's card release mechanism different from previous models'? On my 700p, I could pull the card out with no problems. It's just that when I insert it again, the slot doesn't give any resistance.
    The 700p takes a standard SD card, he said he inserted a mini card.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by robin24k View Post
    Yes.

I am sure they are the same. You can probably pull it out without issue sometimes. Maybe they made them more fool proof... I remember a long time ago when I bought my first palm that took a mem card, I popped it in and was pissed that it wouldn't let it go. When I yanked it out, the card slot was rendered useless on my $500 toy It was only after that when I read that you need to push it down to release it
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    thanks for all the help. gave it a try, and no luck. going to sprint on sunday. got insurance so I hope they will take care of it. so everyone take care and stay safe
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    On page 254 of the Users Guide it explains the correct procedures for inserting and removing the SD card.
    If you don't have the 755p User Guide you can find it here:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb....pdf&x=16&y=10

Rich
    I had to take mine out for the first time last week when I had to swap out my 755. It was hard to get out because there is so little of it to grab. When I went in I did not think I activated a spring so I thought it would just pull out.
    It did not come out until I gently pushed it in first. It is just so small and so difficult to get ahold of...
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Hi everybody. I went to sprint and they got the card out...
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firebuff View Post
    I have a treo 755p. Please don't asked how I did this and I know I'm not to bright. But, I inserted a mini digital card inside the treo and its stuck. Can someone give me some advice on getting it out. And yes you are right they will sell anybody a treo now a days. Thanks
    Ahahahahahahahaha!

Sorry.. couldn't resist.. Glad to hear Sprint fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by amc41 View Post
    I had to take mine out for the first time last week when I had to swap out my 755. It was hard to get out because there is so little of it to grab. When I went in I did not think I activated a spring so I thought it would just pull out.
    It did not come out until I gently pushed it in first. It is just so small and so difficult to get ahold of...
    I've developed the habit of using the back end of the stylus as a "persuader" to push in the miniSD so it pops out. Palm really designed that crevice deep and inaccessible - anyone with fingers bigger than a 3-year old's (or nails thinner than Catwoman's) will encounter problems extracting the card. Luckily I rarely need to remove the card, but it occasionally needs to be done and the stylus does the trick.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Huh, I've never had any trouble, and my fingers aren't particularly small. I just push it in with a thumbnail, and it pops half way out. Then you can just grab it. I have learned to do it slowly and cup my other hand over it as I do it, cause the thing is spring loaded, and I once shot it across the room, and the thing is so darn small I thought I'd never find it.