1.    #1  
    As I sit at my computer with My Treo perched on a shelf above in its charging cradle, I notice that the screen lights up every so often. I see it peripherally, and look up expecting it to ring, but it doesn't. Any ideas what would cause this phenomenon? It's not doing any harm, I'm just curious.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Are you falling in an out of "roaming" or in and out of reception?. My phone does that sometimes.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  3.    #3  
    ...the reception could be dropping out. I've only looked at the screen lighting up and never considered the strength of the signal, but come to think of it, reception is pretty sketchy here...only two bars.
    Sometimes my Treo lights up after I turn it off. Then I turn it off again and it is okey. I do not know the reason why. And it happens not always.
    turm bt off and see if this keeps happening. i notice that a lot of gadgets light up when bt is active because they seem to get tickled by scans from other devices.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    turm bt off and see if this keeps happening. i notice that a lot of gadgets light up when bt is active because they seem to get tickled by scans from other devices.

Good tip, but I don't leave BT turned on. I found it to be to much of a hassle with the Treo.
    Do you have any email accounts set up in VersaMail? My 650 lights up everytime VersaMail check for new mail.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spainiac View Post
    Do you have any email accounts set up in VersaMail? My 650 lights up everytime VersaMail check for new mail.
    No...stopped using Versa Mail early on...to many problems. I was a fairly early adopter of the 650 and ran into a lot of glitches that made me abandon a lot of things such as Versa Mail and Bluetooth (much easier to use on my Moto phones). Maybe things have been sorted out since then, but I never revisited the troublesome apps. Anyway, I think I'm moving on from the Treo soon. There's just no reason for the thing to be so chunky and still lack Wi-Fi and GPS. I like the OS and the bright screen, but it's such a brick!
    hmmmm..
    i remember having read of a similar problem in this forum. could have been a year back or so. see if you find something.