Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Is there a way/program to check to see what programs are using data and when? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    well, if it is an internet program, it will use data. One thing you might want to do is set your Treo to ask you everytime it connects to the net.

You can do it in Prefs> Network> Menu(Options)> Preferences> and then check the box next to "Ask before connecting to the internet.

Does that help a little?
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    fish...I did that first but I still find the phone connecting without permission. Thanks though.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    then its probably a program. running any different email clients, chat clients?

im assuming your running on limited data
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I'm using Agendus Mail but I don't have it set to check for emails...I have to do it manually. Zippy chat clients. So I'm not sure what's collection?

I'm on an unlimited plan but I'm considering downgrading to a limited plan. But I certainly don't want to do that if I have programs that automatically connect. For what it's worth, last week I had to do a hard reset and I still see the orange light come on without permission.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    hmm, lets do this the hard way I guess. What 3rd party apps are you running?
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    I use a third party app called battery dr. It allows a data connection to terminate when your screen turns off, etc. Check it out. Its by www.evanssoft.com