Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Chatteremail users, how is your experience on the 755?
    great! sooo easy to switch between accounts... I still use versa for exchange though...
    works perfectly on my 755, same as my old 700
    AOL isn't working(push)the last two days, but that's not Chatter's fault.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I was having problems too!!! Was it that Chatter wasn't downloading the e-mails??!?! Thats my problem.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Works great as well.
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
    i stopped using AOL imap because it would always go down for some reason some days i couldnt access it neither from the Treo or Outlook
    What do you use now, for IMAP that is?

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Been using Chatter since May when I got 755p. No problem here with IMAP account.

Are you using Versamail OTA with Exchange?
    What does it take to make it happen? Do you need a VPN app?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    What do you use now, for IMAP that is?
    Im using Chatter with Fastmail IMAP, and im using Versamail for my Work pop3 email
    I don't know what my problem is but I can now use AIM/AOL mail for IMAP. Before it wasn't notifying me of new mail even after soft resets.

Anyone know if we can use VPN clients to get our email?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino;
    I was wondering what the heck was going on, as I was getting my AOL mail late through Chatteremail a couple days ago!! I actually missed a lunch appointment due to late email notification a couple days ago!

Glad to know it's a problem with AOL's server and not through Chatter. By the way, if you go to "Sys" and "Reset Connections" this sometimes help to refresh the system in having new emails show up. This worked for me a couple times a couple days ago when this problem started happening. It's a hassle nevertheless.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I was wondering what the heck was going on, as I was getting my AOL mail late through Chatteremail a couple days ago!! I actually missed a lunch appointment due to late email notification a couple days ago!

Glad to know it's a problem with AOL's server and not through Chatter. By the way, if you go to "Sys" and "Reset Connections" this sometimes help to refresh the system in having new emails show up. This worked for me a couple times a couple days ago when this problem started happening. It's a hassle nevertheless.
    Same problem. The biggest hassle is you don't know if you have new messages so you need to keep resetting the connection. Its like it keeps timing out or something
    Mine has been running find on my 755P. My Exchange account, on the other hand, has decided not to push mail to Chatter with no explanation. This has happened twice. There are no problems with my EX account, and I've done nothing different to the phone. The only way it works at the moment is to set it to pull mail at a timed interval.

The only way to resolve it is to completely remove Chatter and reinstall it.

Not really sure what's going on....
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    I had one instance where my Treo recognized new mail, but it was 5 minutes after I received it and haven't seen any other notifications since although I'm still getting new e-mail
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I have tried using Chatter with a Yahoo POP3 address and sometimes attachements wouldn't show up a all. I would hit the download attachement button and Chatter would come back with "No Attachement".

Had to stop using because of it. I don't know if its a POP3 issue.
    Deleted Chatter, re-installed it, seems to be coming in now, a little late, but coming in.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Not sure if my issue was related, but here's what I discovered:

Using a Sprint 755p, Chatter 3.0.8, Exchange Server 2003, no POP or IMAP accounts.

Chatter would get stuck in a loop of connecting-logging in-connected and never get to the listen state. It sucked my battery dry and prevented true 2-way email synchronization. Oddly enough, pushed and sent messages worked fine, but other inbox changes weren't reflected.

So, after about 2 weeks of this, and various back and forth with Chatter support, I found that if I leave a message - any message - in my inbox, it doesn't get stuck in that connection loop and goes into the passive listen mode.

I'm not sure if this started when I upgraded to 3.0.8 - but given some of the symptoms described above, I wonder if other people are experiencing variations on my problem as well. This pretty much reaches the limit of my technical expertise.

Matt
    Question for those of you using Chatter in areas with EVDO coverage; does the data transmission disconnect when u get a phone call? Im in an area where I only get 1xRT so anytime there is data being sent back and forth, all my phone calls go straight to vmail.
    David
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    David:

It seems that Chatter keeps my data connection open 24/7 to receive the push email. It either listens for a signal from Exchange that there is a message (using less battery) or remains connected actively (using more battery). However, even when connected actively, my calls come through fine. It seems, therefore, that it disconnects data for voice when it comes in, then reconnects data after the call.

Matt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast