Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    OK, Noob here and have a question. I have loaded my 755 with a bunch of crap and just decided to do a hard reset and reload the aps I want, starting with UM. I did a hard reset and reran Hot Sync manager and it put all the old crap back on. Do I have to delete my user? Where are thoes files I installed located?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Damn, should have looked it up first. Delete the contents of C:\Program Files\Palm\username. Right?
    ok do a hard reset dont change your user name.
    change your backup folder to back up old then sync
    none of your old stuff should come back .
    if you want you can then go back into the backup old folder and get what you may want and use palm quick install to bring it back
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    I am not sure what palm quick install is? But what I do is go to the old folder, double click on the file you want to move over and then sync. for example if you want your blazer favorites from the old sync folder, just double click on the file and it will show up in the hotsync install screen. then hotsync.

Hard resets on a 755p are described in the user's guide as removing the battery (with the phone off, and screen off), and then pressing the Navigator-UP button and holding until you insert the battery again, and you see the Orangle PALM logo displayed, where you can release your Nav-UP button. This does not work.

You need to hold down on the red power button, until the Orangle PLAM logo shows up, release it, and you will see a question like "do you want erase all of your data?" , press the Nav-UP button, and it will now do a clean hard reset.

Now, on the backup folder.

If you do not change user-names, and your PALM Hotsync setting for 'Backup' is set to 'Desktop overwrites handheld' you will get everything back when you HotSync. Therefore, if you delete the problem App's from your Backup folder (ie C:\palm\755p\backup, where 755p = your HotSync name) and you change to the settings on 'Backup' to 'Desktop overwrites Handheld' - then when you hotsync, you'll get the app's you want back, and not the ones you do not.

I hope this makes sense.

Brian
    What I did was to create a new user profile.

I did a hard reset and then I clicked on my text messaging database file to sync, as well as my call logs etc.

So I synced all the basic things but none of the garbage programs. Now my 755p is back to being a snappy, wonderful device.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgonyea View Post
    What I did was to create a new user profile.

I did a hard reset and then I clicked on my text messaging database file to sync, as well as my call logs etc.

So I synced all the basic things but none of the garbage programs. Now my 755p is back to being a snappy, wonderful device.

for those who have paid for software not change the user profile name . most of your software is connected to it visa your hot sync name.
    as stated above if you can desktop to overwrite handheld and rename the back up to back up old you will not get the junk back.
    for me i wanted to keep my text messages so just paml quick installed the mulimail back
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card