1.    #1  
    My t680 has given up on syncing via usb
    all the other methods work fine(But FM are they sloooow)

in hopes that maybe Palm Desk top 4.12 was the problem, attempted to upgrade to 4.14-nope no sync via USB
    so managed to get the beta 6.2 installed on my XP laptop
    with HS 7.01(works well, get some error message about HSwizard.dll not found but it does/did sync)

have tried 3 different cables as well
    WMP sees it and can swap music

but can not USB sync

Any ideas???
    Can't do the custom rom thing without it
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
    Have you checked your usb drivers? Do other usb items work?

This one is an obvious question but do you switch to the different types of syncing on the sync screen?

One thing to try is to uninstall then reinstall Palm Desktop. (back your data up obviously) Ive seen others that have had this situation and that worked.

Do a search for USB in this forum and youll get a couple of hits.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  3.    #3  
    well ended up removing some USB drivers, and old devices and appears to work now

found this useful trick for showing all the old devices that had ever been plugged into my PC
    right click my computer>properties>advanced>environmental variables>system variables>new, then add the following "devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices" (leave off the " marks) and then Variable value=1
    now when you go to device manager choose View>show hidden devices, Can see every USB device that's ever been plugged in

Also had to add pTunes_Set_MTP_Mode.PDB back to the treo
    Last edited by windwalker; 08/13/2007 at 12:35 PM.
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
    well done!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I have a similiar problem. When I connect my Treo 650 to my PC (Windows XP) it will not detect my Treo. After pressing the sync button on my Treo, the hardware will be detect on my PC but the sync doesnt starts. After canceling the snyc on the Treo the hardware detection is going away again....
    any ideas?
    wehre ever you are what ever you do
    your TREO will be there too