1.    #1  
    I updated my software to 1.10 and now my bluetooth kit in my car will not connect. Is there any way to revert to the old software?
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmLoyal View Post
    I updated my software to 1.10 and now my bluetooth kit in my car will not connect. Is there any way to revert to the old software?
    NO. Your only hope is to try to get a replacement phone with the old ROM on it.

TKOS
    Yes, you should be able to do it, but you need a r2sd copy of the 1.08 rom
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Yes, you should be able to do it, but you need a r2sd copy of the 1.08 rom
    The real answer, if you are a normal person, is no. Kocoman keeps saying yes, but actually has never explained what he's talking about so average people can understand it.

Not only can you not install it, it appears that there aren't any more replacements with the old ROMs.
    What kocoman means is you can "hack" it to 1.08 but you need cables and a vast technological knowledge to do it so for 99% of people the answer is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmLoyal View Post

I know that I had a "Devil of a time" trying to get it to connect my Camry after the update. And it was the same with the 755p. There is an icon that appears in the upper left corner and you click on that to connect. It may take several try's but it does work in the long run. Palm is aware of the issue. I was sure hoping to do some testing for centercode but was not accepted. (Was all my Palm bashing the reason?). Palm is going to have a tough road ahead. I just wish that Palm would come to the fore front. They use to be the front runners. I am somewhat sad; I am liking the BB 8830 fairly well. A few things are missing. Treo Alarms,Treo Weather, On Demand(Pocket Express) It is slower to downnload news updates (at least in a 1x evdo area) also on the news program; it will not give an option to download the complete story. You have to request the full story on each one you want to read. On Worldmate you cannot create your own trip information like you could on the Palm and Pocket PC versions. Also as of yet no check book program to sync with Quicken. It does take some time to adjust to the new format from a touch screen but that is coming along. Palm should have given us our Linux Treo's this August instead of all the R&R on the Foleo!!! I used to visit Treo Central several times a day but that is starting to decrease. My wife is inheriting the new 755p that Sprint gave me for the Treo 700p post MR that was resetting all the time. I miss the camera but word is that BB (from Sprint) is going to release a camera and possibly wifi version by Christmas. So I probably wil not be back to the Palm until the release of our Linux Treo with all the goodies we all have been wanting; thin treo, wifi, evdoA, better camera and I hope dual band (CDMA & GSM) and don't forget to leave the lag out!! If the current Treo 755p did not have lag; I would still be on it. I will look at the Treo 800W; but it is going to have to wow and woo me. Whoops I haven't been to Palm's web blog in over a week. I use to post daily!
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    make sure you phone still have warranty. Run update again and interrupt it while it saying "initializing something..." You may have to try it few times.
    This will either brick your phone or make it functionaly dead. Now take it to sprint and hope they have replacement one in stock and it doesn't have the update installed. That's how i got my 700p to go back to 1.08 the replacemnt phone i get i SO MUCH BETTER then the one I've bricked especially after i've installed th infamous 1.10 update. And yes, i've tried to to it in the right way first by taking it to the store before bricking and polietly explain what problems i have. I was explained that all problems i have are actually a features ) of new firmware (including the bluetooth problemth)