1.    #1  
    Has anyone set this up? I read recently that Izymail is now supporting IDLE and hopefully that should work with Chatter. I've been waiting for a LOOONG time to get yahoo imap on my treo.

Anyone???
    I tried Yahoo IMAP a few weeks ago with Chatter and it downloaded weird subject text (numbers actually) and apparently no IDLE cmd support b/c I did not get push...but they may have changed it since....
    Marc indicated that Yahoo's implementation of IMAP was compatible only with the IPhone.

Ben
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Marc indicated that Yahoo's implementation of IMAP was compatible only with the IPhone.

Ben
    I'm not talking about using chatter directly with Yahoo P-IMAP.

I'm talking about using izymail.com as an intermediary between Yahoo and Chatter using IMAP IDLE.

Check izymail.com out and you will see what I'm talking about. They have an example on their site showing the settings for Snappermail.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post

Ben
    I am using Yahoo IMAP with Pocket Outlook on Windows Mobile and it works just fine. It also works with outlook express but only if while tethering through the treo, otherwise I'm unable to log in via broadband (something Yahoo did to keep non mobile users off IMAP.)

But IMAP idle appears to not be supported by Yahoo IMAP according to some investigating someone else did and passed long to me.

I've used izmail for yahoo imap, but I have not used idle push or chatter with it, sorry.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    I am using Yahoo IMAP with Pocket Outlook on Windows Mobile and it works just fine. It also works with outlook express but only if while tethering through the treo, otherwise I'm unable to log in via broadband (something Yahoo did to keep non mobile users off IMAP.)

But IMAP idle appears to not be supported by Yahoo IMAP according to some investigating someone else did and passed long to me.

I've used izmail for yahoo imap, but I have not used idle push or chatter with it, sorry.
    I've been googling and there is a lot of activity on Yahoo imap access on a lot of sites. Some people have successfully used yahoo imap with versamail and other programs. Anyone out there used chatteremail successfully with yahoo imap? It appears to work except for the subject lines.
    I have a 755p and I have tried to get Yahoo IMAP working through versamail. I can get all my mail but I can't send mail and it doesn't seem to sync properly. I thought the whole point of IMAP was that it keeps your data synced on all devices. When I delete an email online it does not delete it in Versamail even if I manually sync. Is there soemthing I am missing?
    Agendus Mail seems to be working OK with Yahoo IMAP. Syncs all my Yahoo folders can receive without issue, and no problems with subject lines. I had tried Chatter at first too and had the bad subject line issue, and then switched to Agendus when I found this worked. No push or idle options, but I just set Agendus to check every 30 minutes which is fine for me.

Can't send however. To send, I'm just using the smtp.sprintpcs.com send server.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    is the Yahoo IMAP on the free accounts or SBCGlobal emails?

I can try it on Krome, im reviewing the app for the launch of my new site.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+