1.    #1  
    I've been searching for an adapter that will allow a SD card be used in a miniSD slot (can you tell I have 755?).

So far this is all I have been able to find, http://www.gearfuse.com/sd-to-mini-s...her-way-round/ ,but none for sale. Anyone know anything about this? If it is really out in Japan you would think they would be on Ebay, they seem to have no problem getting the counterfeit stuff up there pretty quickly (JX10...)
    Brilliant! I want one!
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Why would you want something hanging out your 755 though? Unless you absolutely needed 8gig cards.
  4.    #4  
    I don't need it, but since I already have an 8gb card it would be worth while. I agree, it would not be ideal for everyday use and the hanging out part is annoying, and inevitable, but I would except the trade off to use my 8gb SD.
    "Bound to cover just a little more ground"
    If they actually make it robust and make it a dual SD slot instead of a single SD slot I could see the use of it.

Just glue the thingy to the back of your phone, no biggie.
    Why not have one for a Compact flash card while were at it? Or a retractable antenna like our old cordless phones?
    Memory is so cheap nowadays.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Memory is so cheap nowadays.

Or why not spend $30 or less to use something I already have and paid good money for! It would be tough to get 8gb worth of reliable memory for less than $30....
    I understand but do you really want to have this thing hanging off the back of your device. Also, would it void the warranty on the cards. Sandisk has lifetime warranty on their cards but others might not.
    If you follow through on the pages, it says it's available now....you just have to call them in Japan....and hopefully find someone to talk to them who speaks Japanese.....

http://www.diatec.co.jp/en/det.php?prod_c=460
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    I understand but do you really want to have this thing hanging off the back of your device. Also, would it void the warranty on the cards. Sandisk has lifetime warranty on their cards but others might not.
    The voiding of the warranty is a good point but how would the card manuf. know if you used this? unless it got stuck in there....

Im would not use something like this for everyday use, it would be more of a way to take a bunch of movies or TV episodes or music with me, I could stand having it hanging out while listening to tunes or watching a movie
    If you hide it inside your leather case, you should be able to use it on daily basis. There was a Microdrive mod for PSP that did exactly that (before memory stick became dirt cheap).
    I wouldn't use it for daily use either, but I really miss being able to use regular SD cards because my wife's Treo uses them, my digital camera uses them, and I've got a ton of them already. One of the great things about having an SD slot was being able to easily transfer files from one device to another - and I can't do that anymore with a 755.

So no, I wouldn't have it hanging out of my Treo all the time, as I'd still use a miniSD for its own memory. I still want one for the added convenience of using all my existing SD memory when needed.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    I wouldn't use it for daily use either, but I really miss being able to use regular SD cards because my wife's Treo uses them, my digital camera uses them, and I've got a ton of them already. One of the great things about having an SD slot was being able to easily transfer files from one device to another - and I can't do that anymore with a 755.

So no, I wouldn't have it hanging out of my Treo all the time, as I'd still use a miniSD for its own memory. I still want one for the added convenience of using all my existing SD memory when needed.
    Right on buggula and awesome name! Now who here speaks Japanese and is ready to make the international call for all of us?
    Maybe you guys can email to dynamism and ask them to resell it for you?

The last button on the page is the purchase button but then I don't have a Japanese address to go any further.
    LOL I found a US reseller here
    http://mobilitytoday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9393

scoll down for the contact info, its actually a Taiwanese company, only $16 each. I may get one if I am getting a 755p soon.
    Yes, but will it work with SDHC?
    Its just a mechanical connection. I'm sure it works fine.

Surur