1.    #1  
    The old adage "if it isnt broke dont fix it" rings so true for the latest MR

I cant believe i was foolish enough to install that crap... my 700P experience has been flawless since getting it and now I'm plagued with crappy bluetooth, dial tone beeps and random resets... needless to say im pissed

i find it ironic they boast better BT compatibility and now my phone wont link to my car which is utterly devastating

im going to see if i can warranty swap mine out for a 700p that has the 1.08 software
    I just got a replacement from Asurion - and it is 1.10. It is a retail box from Verizon.
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    The old adage "if it isnt broke dont fix it" rings so true for the latest MR
    That's been my thinking. I just hope nothing else goes wrong with my Treo requiring a trip to the Sprint store -- the first thing they'll probably want to do is install the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    That's been my thinking. I just hope nothing else goes wrong with my Treo requiring a trip to the Sprint store -- the first thing they'll probably want to do is install the update.
    They would have to pry my 1.08 from my cold dead hands......
    If there is something that Palm has taught me with the 650, is if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm not sure that education was worth the price I paid for the 650, but today, when there is a new version of a software or gadget, I'm not rushing to buy it.

I watched the horror Palm's MR wrought on so many users here, and I said, my phone is pretty much working - I'll leave it be.

Yes, I still get resets and crashes for stupid things for no reason.

But I blame those on the phone, not the software, and when they become enough of an issue, I'll bring the phone in for repair (replacement) or, hopefully, look to more on to a newer platform.
    Thanks to the 1.10 MR killing my 700p connectivity, Verizon sent me a brand new 700wx that is a pleasure to use and leaps ahead of any POS device. Happy camper here.