Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Matt R.'s Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
       #1  
    Guys & Gals,

    I have Palm headset that I use with my Treo 700p. I would like to additionally use them with my laptop / iPod. Is there some kind of adapter plug that will allow me to do this? Been looking with no luck so far. Thanks,


    Matt
  2. TRgEOff's Avatar
    Posts
    589 Posts
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt R. View Post
    Guys & Gals,

    I have Palm headset that I use with my Treo 700p. I would like to additionally use them with my laptop / iPod. Is there some kind of adapter plug that will allow me to do this? Been looking with no luck so far. Thanks,Matt
    Technically what you are after is a 3.5mm Plug to 2.5mm Socket stereo adaptor, or in more biological terminology, 3.5mm male to 2.5mm female stereo adaptor.

    They exist as per here, it would be worth asking at your local cheap electronic gadget supplier first, if possible, for a cheaper price. I get the same product (but reverse switching) here in India for about 50c US.

    cheers
    geoff

    Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  3. #3  
    Try Radio Shack, but if they do have it, make sure it's a stereo adapter.
  4. Matt R.'s Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
       #4  
    Thanks for the ideas. I didn't know if the fact that the Treo headset plug had four versus three contacts made any difference or not. I had also heard that Palm's plug layout was a little non-standard also.

    I'll get out there and hunt one down. Again, thanks for the help.


    Matt
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt R. View Post
    Thanks for the ideas. I didn't know if the fact that the Treo headset plug had four versus three contacts made any difference or not. I had also heard that Palm's plug layout was a little non-standard also.

    I'll get out there and hunt one down. Again, thanks for the help.


    Matt
    For getting Audio out of the 2.5mm I use a 3 position plug - left, right ground.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  6. Matt R.'s Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
       #6  
    Found an adapter at Amazon that works great. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.


    Matt
  7. #7  
    Radio Shack part number 274-373 under $5, works great. Looks similar to the one linked above, solid without wire or cable. They first sold me one for a cell phone with a wire between the plugs and sound only came out of one channel.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo dOOd View Post
    Radio Shack part number 274-373 under $5, works great. Looks similar to the one linked above, solid without wire or cable. They first sold me one for a cell phone with a wire between the plugs and sound only came out of one channel.
    Wired ones that provide stereo are available and apply less mechanical stress to the Treo's fragile socket. Be very careful with your solid one.

Posting Permissions