1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Anyone know where Treo 680 accessories are available in Canada? I wanted to buy a seidio case/holster but the shipping from Treocentral is almost $30 to Canada

Thanks.
    Avoid Seidio's ****ty products at all costs! I ordered the Crystal Case and Hold N Store Holster from them and both turned out to be utter crap which didn't protect my Treo at all!!
  3.    #3  
    hmm... that was exactly the combo i was thinking of lol... so what did you do for a case in the end?
    Not the reply I'm sure you wanted to hear but I've always found ebay a great source for accessories. If you restrict your search to "Canada" only, shipping usually works out to be more reasonable (check carefully thought) and you don't get caught with cross border charges i.e. duty... most vendors will charge GST thought and PST if you're in their province.

Otherwise, I've noticed Rogers stores selling limited accessories as well as the odd case from the guy whose always in every mall with his little cart selling cases and stuff for everything from ipods to treo's... you know the one I mean...
    Palm V, Palm Vx, Tungsten W, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680
  5.    #5  
    I've already searched ebay and there aren't any sellers with seidio items in Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Khris View Post
    Avoid Seidio's ****ty products at all costs! I ordered the Crystal Case and Hold N Store Holster from them and both turned out to be utter crap which didn't protect my Treo at all!!
    Khris,

You obviously weren't happy with your holster/case combo. If there's anything I can do to help, please email me at forum@seidio.com.

Thanks,
    Where do you live?

Softpocket has a store in Toronto as well as its website -

www.softpocket.ca

A range of both accessories and devices available there (including for the 680) and pretty helpful staff. I use a Boxwave Flexiskin and Crystal screen protector from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsondr View Post
    hmm... that was exactly the combo i was thinking of lol... so what did you do for a case in the end?
    I ended up using a leather Blackberry case first, and then invested in an "Invisible Shield" which was the best investment ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Khris,

You obviously weren't happy with your holster/case combo. If there's anything I can do to help, please email me at forum@seidio.com.

Thanks,
    I've already sent back the two items and am waiting for Seidio to receive it and issue the refund (which they have already approved).
    Now hold on Khris, that's an unfair statement about their products just because you tried 2 and didn't like them. And it looks like you had already received authorization to return them for credit even before you made your post. And to top it off you had a Seidio rep respond to your post asking if they could help.
    Sounds like pretty darn good customer service to me.

I have bought a number of products for a number of Treos from Seidio and have been VERY pleased with every one of them.
    I use Egrips and the Premium Vertical Pouch case myself. The case is on my 2nd phone now and still in perfect shape.

Cheers,

Fred
    Forgot to mention that Seidio will ship by mail as well which is your cheapest option, $15.00
    I use Softmagic (www.softmagic.ca) but they mainly sell brand names. Their prices are good and their service has been excellent in my experience. I bought a Palm belt case and use egrips. They ship via Canada Post so delivery is no hassle.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    I'm another happy Seidio customer. I use their products everyday. But I like my devices naked so I only use eGrips and an InvisibleSHIELD screen protector.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Quote Originally Posted by fireworksfx View Post
    Now hold on Khris, that's an unfair statement about their products just because you tried 2 and didn't like them. And it looks like you had already received authorization to return them for credit even before you made your post. And to top it off you had a Seidio rep respond to your post asking if they could help.
    Sounds like pretty darn good customer service to me.
    Actually it wasn't as flower and love filled as you've described above and if you knew the entire process, you'd probably change your opinion.

I had to file a complaint with the Houston BBB before I really got any action. Several emails to the company originally got me nothing and so I took it to the next step. Seidio didn't even bother to reply to the BBB's complaint until I emailed them one last time informing them I would be posting my experience on several of the Treo Newsgroups.

Only then, was I offered an Extended Battery as a peace offering......which I declined as a) my original request was for a refund, b) I wasn't happy with 2 of their products, why would I want to take another chance, and c) I was looking to sell my Treo so would have no use for the extended battery.

http://forum.treonauts.com/treo-mode...stal-case.html