1.    #1  
    I want to sell my treo 650 and have been asked if the esn is clean. Could someone help me by telling me what the esn is and how I clean it?
    Thanks
    windex
    You might want to ask the person what they mean as I have no clue what that means.
    Maybe they want to know if it's "clean" as in not stolen? That the carrier will activate it for them on their account? Just a guess.
    There's nothing you can do to the ESN on the phone, though.

Ask the person what they mean, it sounds like he/she and find out if they know what they're talking about and just giving you a hard time.
    Its a good reason to check with the carrier if you buy a used Sprint or Verizon phone to make sure the ESN or the phones id number can be used on the system. If someone did not pay their bill or the phone was lost or stolen and the ESN is reported as such that phone can not be reactivated on that carrier.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    windex
    NO, NO WINDEX!

People don't realize that Windex has two formulas, one with Ammonia and one without.

For proper cleansing of the ESN, one needs to use medical swabs and the purest isopropyl alcohol they can find. Usually you can get 97% at your local Big Chain.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    NO, NO WINDEX!

People don't realize that Windex has two formulas, one with Ammonia and one without.

For proper cleansing of the ESN, one needs to use medical swabs and the purest isopropyl alcohol they can find. Usually you can get 97% at your local Big Chain.
    I've found mixing in some THC with that alcohol works wonders.
    The person wants to know if your Treo can be activated as a cell phone. If the phone you are selling hasn't been reported stolen or activated on a non paying cellular line then the ESN is clean.