Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Well, how has the update work for you? Is it an improvement over 60608? I believe it seems to not drop calls as often as before.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    a PRL update cannot brick your phone... all a PRL update is is an updated list of acceptable alternate connections off the network (Preferred Roaming List)
    I had problems with a 650 or 700 after a simple PRL update - it didn't "brick" the phone, but munged it up and it didn't work properly after that leading to the need to get it replaced. Not saying this is common - but there is always a chance of problems when you update a computer, and sometimes you're the "lucky" one, so make sure you backup regularly.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    do not upgrade to the prl 60610 i did it this week and im gettin horriable service, it like cutoff some of the roaming are. Because in areas where i had no sprint service i force my phone to roam and have full bars now even when i force it i dont get more then like 1 or 2 bars. because where i work im right near a verizon tower no all day I am gettin roaming there no service and almost all my calls go to voicemail. Does anyone know how to go back to an old prl I have tried a hard rest still no good. I have a 755p
    Sero Plan 1250 ($50), FIMF ($0), M2M ($0), Sprint 2 Home ($0), 6pm nights ($0), Insurance ($7), Unlimited text ($0) 40% Monthly Discount Total: $34.20 + Tax
  4.    #24  
    I have heard some say they could get CS to flash the prl back on their phone. But I don't see how.
    Matty
  5.    #25  
    Version 60611 is available now.
    Matty
    Where is the prl stored in the treo. might it be possible to hack the prl and change it (customized it )so it will give us the best service???
    how do you get the update?
  8.    #28  
    call *2 ask for customer service, then other support. tell the cs person that answers you want it. hope they set it up right.
    Matty
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12