1.    #1  
    I just got a text from sprint with a download link saying "an update is availible for your phone inproving performance and message handling you may download to your pc at www.sprint.com/download." what is this are they just now sending me this for the mr or is this something new
    I got the text too, but it gave me a link to Palm's website (the dreaded MR I refuse to do). You sure yours is sending you to Sprint's site?
    Quote Originally Posted by yavapai View Post
    I just got a text from sprint with a download link saying "an update is availible for your phone inproving performance and message handling you may download to your pc at www.sprint.com/download." what is this are they just now sending me this for the mr or is this something new

Yup - I got it too. It's just for the previous update. I guess they just want to be sure all 700P users hear about the update, even if they don't subscribe to any newsgroups. I guess that's a good thing.
  4.    #4  
    your right its palm.com I had sprint on the brain. talk about cruel and unusual punishment I thought it was gonna b a new update I should be smarter than that
    Yeah...

I got a text message from Sprint this morning letting me know there is a 700p update.....

I guess I failed to notify Sprint that I updated on June 4th

Me too.
    Bo Meyer
    Visor 90 --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 700p
    Mac OS X
    This may get interesting. Now we get to see the how the MR affects the "general population"...the unsuspecting masses expecting a foolproof installation and "it to just work."

Good luck and Godspeed to all those folks!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post
    This may get interesting. Now we get to see the how the MR affects the "general population"...the unsuspecting masses expecting a foolproof installation and "it to just work."

Good luck and Godspeed to all those folks!
    This also could be costing.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I got it too and said to myself... No thank you idiots!

It wrecked my previous treo and I at least want a 25% working one right now.... the next time my time allows I am going to go argue at a corporate store to get a 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I got it too and said to myself... No thank you idiots!

It wrecked my previous treo and I at least want a 25% working one right now.... the next time my time allows I am going to go argue at a corporate store to get a 755p
    I am trying so hard to make my 700p last until the 800,900,1000...whatever one it is that will hit it out of the park for Palm after the Beta testers get thru with it and if Palm strikes out, Blackberry here I come. I don't wan't another 700p with a minor face lift with the same OS(i.e 755p).
    at&t iPhone3G
    The funny thing is the Palm site still says that full service Sprint stores can do the update for you. Anyone there who has been paying attention the last 6 weeks knows enough not to. Anyone who hasn't may be a part-time brick maker.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    I would imagine the message was sent because they have re-released the desktop updater version of the MR. Maybe they think the update is ready for full release?